Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Qassem Soleimani strike violated international human rights law, UN official argues

Soleimani

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the action:

Capture 1-3-20.jpg
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Qassem Soleimani strike violated international human rights law, UN official argues

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Soleimani

Boom goes the weasel.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Soleimani

Going to be a simple choice. Respond with overwhelming force again or let Iran have the region. The only possible third option is to get enough economic pressure to collapse their regime, but with the EU not going that way it will be very tough.

The way to end "forever wars" is to crush your enemy utterly. Our endless half measures since the end of Korea have left us in this state.

The problem is that's a very high price and it's unpalatable. So maybe we just walk away and if Iran takes over everything from Israel to India that's OK.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 01-03-2020 at 10:01 AM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Qassem Soleimani strike violated international human rights law, UN official argu

“The test for so-called anticipatory self-defense is very narrow: it must be a necessity that is ‘instant, overwhelming, and leaving no choice of means, and no moment of deliberation.’ This test is unlikely to be met in these particular cases,” she added.

Callamard noted that “an individual’s past involvement in ‘terrorist’ attacks is not sufficient to make his targeting for killing lawful.

Must be a nice view there in Fantasyland, b/c that's not how geopolitics works at all. I'm always fascinated by this notion of "legal" when it comes to dealing with terrorism and drone strikes, etc.

War isn't "legal", and neither are these endless skirmishes. The whole point of using force is that "legal" has broken down and it has now come down to might making right.

What he and Iran have done isn't "legal", and our response isn't either, and that's how things work. Do we sue him in The Hague for his crimes instead? that will sure work well.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 01-03-2020 at 10:09 AM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

JV Team

Re: Qassem Soleimani strike violated international human rights law, UN official argu

"What he and Iran have done isn't "legal", and our response isn't either, and that's how things work. Do we sue him in The Hague for his crimes instead? that will sure work well."
    Yup, in short, everything's screwed up, either way.

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    “The test for so-called anticipatory self-defense is very narrow: it must be a necessity that is ‘instant, overwhelming, and leaving no choice of means, and no moment of deliberation.’ This test is unlikely to be met in these particular cases,” she added.

Callamard noted that “an individual’s past involvement in ‘terrorist’ attacks is not sufficient to make his targeting for killing lawful.

Must be a nice view there in Fantasyland, b/c that's not how geopolitics works at all. I'm always fascinated by this notion of "legal" when it comes to dealing with terrorism and drone strikes, etc.

War isn't "legal", and neither are these endless skirmishes. The whole point of using force is that "legal" has broken down and it has now come down to might making right.

What he and Iran have done isn't "legal", and our response isn't either, and that's how things work. Do we sue him in The Hague for his crimes instead? that will sure work well.
    All is fair in love and war
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.