I put in a ring doorbell. Well, my son actually put it in initially, but I adjusted it. Was very proud of the fact that I did not rip out the doorbell wires.

What I was not prepared for was something that appears to be a flaw in the ecosystem. I can set the motion detection to not alert me on my phone at certain hours, But apparently the Alexa skill refuses to honor that.

It has only happened once, but last night there was some wind, which blows the bushes near my front door, and apparently that trigger the motion detection at 1 AM. My daughter goes to work at 5:50 AM, so when she left, it also triggered the motion detection. If you know, there's not a lot of time between those two to get a lot of sleep.

Right now my work around is to unplug the echo Dot and turn off the volume on the show device at bedtime. But that really stinks that they can't integrate that better.

There are three pages of complaints on this, so evidently I'm not the first to experience this and it is a flaw, which they so cleverly market as a feature instead of a flaw.