Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

iPhone/iPad backup on PC. iTunes isn’t working

I knew that iTunes was being eliminated for Mac, but thought it was being continued for PC. It’s not working for me now. Any insights on this? What options are available if it doesn’t work?

Re: iPhone/iPad backup on PC. iTunes isn’t working

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Thanks, Dan. This talks about the Mac transition. I need help with the PC side of things.

seeya
    dan

seeya
    dan

They should in that it is supposed to still work on Windows like these articles state. I’ve not been able to get two different computers to have iTunes recognize either my iPhone or iPad. So, either I’m doing something wrong or iTunes isn’t working now on Windows. I’ve used different cords and other straightforward troubleshooting, but so far nothing has worked. Thanks for the links, though. I appreciate it.

I’m going to try this when I get home later today. Perhaps it’s the driver.

I haven’t backed up to iTunes in several years. I pay 99 cents a month for 50GB of iCloud space and back up my phone and iPad to my iCloud account.

The really handy thing about the iCloud backup is that if I get a new device everything transfers to the new iPad or iPhone as soon as I enter my iTunes account info on the new device.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I haven’t backed up to iTunes in several years. I pay 99 cents a month for 50GB of iCloud space and back up my phone and iPad to my iCloud account.

The really handy thing about the iCloud backup is that if I get a new device everything transfers to the new iPad or iPhone as soon as I enter my iTunes account info on the new device.
    Thanks, Keith. I have more than 50GB on both devices and haven't moved in the iCloud direction. I've never needed the backups except to move to a new phone or iPad, so I've just planning for the future.

I'm looking at CopyTrans Shelbee and Acronis as two possibilities, the former which is free and the latter which has a 30 day free trial then $35 for purchase. I don't have immediate plans for new, so this isn't urgent.

David, you already have an iCloud account if you want to go in that direction. 200GB is $2.99 a month. The handy thing about iCloud is you can set your pics to automatically upload, and then are available on all devices.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201238

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    David, you already have an iCloud account if you want to go in that direction. 200GB is $2.99 a month. The handy thing about iCloud is you can set your pics to automatically upload, and then are available on all devices.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201238
    Thanks, Keith. I had iCloud turned off, but will take a look at the options. Much appreciated!

JV Team

My cousin fumbled with his iCloud as well. I told him to calm down and watch a few tutorials online. Apple representatives are useless.