Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: The Gift of the Constitution

This article illustrates part of this country’s current problems in my opinion...:we now eschew two centuries worth of constitutional law and instead allow interpretations from factions like this publication to form our opinions. And everyone gravitates toward whichever media outlet most reflects their personal opinions and mores. One of the greatest hoaxes of the last 30 years is that the media is liberal and it’s been an incredibly successful campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    One of the greatest hoaxes of the last 30 years is that the media is liberal and it’s been an incredibly successful campaign.

It's a hoax like the holocaust was a hoax maybe. Just b/c you think it's mainstream doesn't mean we all do. Even most middle of the road sources admit the media at least leans left and have for some time, but it has of late gone totally over the top, and Trump has made them really show their stripes.

The slant in the media is maddening. The subtle assumptions they make, how they pick which stories, the stories they don't cover, etc. Between that and our education system it's a wonder there are any conservatives left.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    It's a hoax like the holocaust was a hoax maybe. Just b/c you think it's mainstream doesn't mean we all do. Even most middle of the road sources admit the media at least leans left and have for some time, but it has of late gone totally over the top, and Trump has made them really show their stripes.

The slant in the media is maddening. The subtle assumptions they make, how they pick which stories, the stories they don't cover, etc. Between that and our education system it's a wonder there are any conservatives left.
    If anything the media is to the left of liberal.

The word liberal media covers a whole lot of ground. Hank Williams, Elvis, Little Richard, and even back to the roaring twenties were the some of most extreme examples of liberal media in history.

The teachings of Martin Luther would also classify.

Media is too big and too diverse to classify as being either. I don't care which, either side's propaganda machine puts forth on their so called "national news channels" as fact..a few of which which may as well be managed by Joseph Goebbels himself.

Diversity of thought and practice being represented is not liberal. And even if that diversity becomes hard to accept, it cannot be regulated out of existence in a democratic society. Neither can we allow it to be compartmentalized, and subsequently demonized just to increase ratings for marketing purposes. The scariest thing we all face is the rapidly spreading desire to manipulate opinions..while at the same time promoting hate and distrust to polarize them.

Both sides do this, and now support this politically, while many on both the left and right are strangely in obvious denial about it. And I believe it mostly because that same desire has become an ingrained part of our existence.

And they do not want under any circumstance, compromise or to ever admit error. Both sides.

And that, will be our ultimate undoing. Not what either side actually does..but that mistrust and condemnation is assured regardless. The ultimate societal catch 22

Kudos and damnation to whomever figured out how to destroy us from within.
    Last edited by kingcat; 12-30-2019 at 05:49 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Dave, the various factions have successfully been sought to use the media to manipulate the public for as long as the press has existed.

JV Team

"Dave, the various factions have successfully been sought to use the media to manipulate the public for as long as the press has existed."

And unfortunately, we all fund this with our taxes. The Dems have spoken!! We are doomed!! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man!

JV Team

Oh, I'm sorry, for those who didn't get the reference: