Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Best and worse Xmas songs

For me:

Best: 2000 years by the Pretender, unless you know Dear Santa by Sean Murray

Worse: The Little Drummer Boy (a rump a tum tum)
    Followed closely by Paul McCartney's Simply having a wonderful Xmas time

Honorable mention to John Lenon's Happy Christmas which was on my worse list but moved to pretty damn good list
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

Re: Best and worse Xmas songs

Of the secular variety there is nothing better than Alabama’s “Christmas in Dixie”. There nothing saucier than Eartha Kitt singing “Santa Baby”. And nothing says Kentucky Christmas better than Elvis’ “Blue Christmas”.

If “Grandma got run over by a Reindeer” dried up and went away, I would never miss it. Of course Pitino got run over by a Wildcat is one of the all time funniest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjXXC3Ts8Ug
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 12-25-2019 at 08:14 PM.
    Real Fan since 1958

Joy to the World, and Silent Night are my favorites and 12 days of Christmas and Jingle Bells are my least liked.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Little Drummer boy by For King and Country is fabulous.
    Here is the live version as performed on the Country Music Association Christmas show recently.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

O Holy Night by Issac Humphries just moved up on the favorites list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    O Holy Night by Issac Humphries just moved up on the favorites list.

seeya
    dan

O Holy Night is my favorite religious Christmas song and just about my favorite song, period. I like the Josh Groban and Martina McBride versions the best.

My favorite secular Christmas song is the Bing Crosby/Andrews Sisters version of "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town." They're backed by a swing band and they really get down.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

JV Team

For me, it would have to be this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXQViqx6GMY

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    O Holy Night is my favorite religious Christmas song and just about my favorite song, period. I like the Josh Groban and Martina McBride versions the best.
    BEvans...I have a new favorite version for you for O Holy Night.

This is a guy I know well. He and his Dad have starred in local theatre productions with my daughter. Martin has had some success on Broadway now.

Tell me this isn't your new favorite version of O Holy Night. I dare you. It is a Cartwright Family Tradition to watch this together, like most people watch "It's a Wonderful Life."

Don't let the title fool you. It is the best.

here's my favorite version:

People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

This is a guy I know well. He and his Dad have starred in local theatre productions with my daughter. Martin has had some success on Broadway now.

Tell me this isn't your new favorite version of O Holy Night. I dare you. It is a Cartwright Family Tradition to watch this together, like most people watch "It's a Wonderful Life."

That. Was. Awesome.

That was like a combination of Neil Diamond, Jim Carrey and Carl Lewis doing the National Anthem. Only better.

It has been a crappy week, and I needed that! Thank you.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    That. Was. Awesome.

That was like a combination of Neil Diamond, Jim Carrey and Carl Lewis doing the National Anthem. Only better.

It has been a crappy week, and I needed that! Thank you.
    I knew you'd enjoy it. I'm cracking up watching it (again) now. From just after the 1 minute mark to the end of it, I can barely contain myself.

We will have "family Christmas" tomorrow night (Christmas Eve), and have some cranberry slushes and that on the TV. Will have a lot of laughs.

If anybody is peeking in, and you haven't watched that full video--do yourself a favor. Do it now. Don't wait. Don't delay. Do it now.

I dare you to say it's not your favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

Is this guy available for weddings? He would kill it on Ava Maria...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8cwDqsqN2Q Rick Danko, Levon Helm, Richard Manuel, Garth Hudson, etc. incorporate the actual Biblical Christmas story into a classic rock song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaRSlolWEmI Children Go Where I Send Thee. I do love me some "counting songs". This version by Ernie Ford's booming baritone is good for me to make those shower tiles ring. Yes I like Natalie Merchant's and Nick Lowe's and Joan Osborne's and Johnny Cash's versions too.

Also, counting songs for not Christmas, "The Eleven" by the Grateful Dead. And "Green Grow the Rushes Ho" by I dunno, Robert Burns? it's my favorite camp song. Those last two even share "Six Proud Walkers" in the countdown. One is one and all alone and every more shall be so.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Is this guy available for weddings? He would kill it on Ava Maria...

Lol. Probably. I haven't seen him in several years, but I see his Dad (an outstanding performer in his own right) from time to time.

Martin Landry has a website with what he's doing/done/available to do at times. His wife is a performing artist as well.

http://www.martinlandry.net/

That was disgustingly the worst
    seeya
    dan