Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Crescent City Amtrak to New Orleans

Crescent City Amtrak to New Orleans

My daughter isn't a fan.

Has some weather delays that made the 3 hour behind schedule trip a 5 hour behind schedule trip. Supposed to arrive at 7pm tonight, but will be after midnight.

About 2 hours because of weather delays tonight, and that can't be helped. But starting 3 hours behind didn't help.

Ugh. Now ETA 1:20 am

Rupp's Runt

Re: Crescent City Amtrak to New Orleans

Hope she made it?

What is she not a fan of? Amtrak itself? Or the delays and weather issues? I'd like to do an Amtrak vacation like Mick did. I think it was Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Hope she made it?

What is she not a fan of? Amtrak itself? Or the delays and weather issues? I'd like to do an Amtrak vacation like Mick did. I think it was Mick.
    Lol. Yeah, just the delays. She arrived at 2:08 am. She was scheduled to leave Birmingham at 12:08 the day before, 14 hours prior to that.

By car it's 5-6 hours. She just was very unlucky. It must have been weather that put them three hours behind before it arrived in Birmingham, and she had an additional 3½ hours delay in route due to weather.

Regardless, I'm afraid that's going to be what she takes away from this trip.

The Italian rail system thinks that's too inefficient.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I fully expected it to be 3 hours behind schedule. Just seems like it always lands in New Orleans around 10-10:30, instead of 7:30. Just bad luck it was 3½-4 hours past that.

Of course, it was a whole deal because they were supposed to be staying with my in-laws. But my in-laws are 88 years old, and their health isn't great oh, and they were insisting upon staying up. So I got them a hotel for the night so that my in-laws would go to bed. No, they wouldn't put a key under the mat or something like that, so this was just the simplest way. So they're heading to my in-laws house today, after hopefully a decent night's sleep. But I last exchanged text messages with my daughter at 2:42 a.m. after she and her friend were safely inside the Hotel room.

Fab Five

Hell there were tornados all along that route yesterday and last night. People were killed. I am fighting airport delays in Birmingham today 24 hours later. I seriously doubt she would have fared any better flying. Driving she could have been oblivious to the storms and blasted right through. I am sure passenger safety was something of a concern. The “instant” generation.
    Real Fan since 1958

Oh well.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 12-17-2019 at 10:44 PM.

Fab Five

Remember that train car is a mobile home with steel wheels. The are going to stop or go slow when warnings exist