Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Paying your fair share

Paying your fair share

See this often during the campaigning, that the "rich need to pay their fair share". Today (well yesterday I guess--damn insomnia) I came across some information. Is $500,000 a year (2015 - took the appraiser 3 yrs to release the data) in COUNTRY property taxes considered a "fair share"? One Martin Country resident (former one as he recently moved) paid 1/2 a million in county taxes last year, although I saw one report it was 900K, which may be a more recent figure (I should note this is his personal property tax and does not include his business taxes or federal taxes---strictly his property taxes). No doubt he could afford it (his home sold for 38 million - see page 3 at link, his was the highest selling home), but does anybody believe he got that much value from the county. Has no kids in our school system. Didn't utilize the police (as far as I know and odds are if he did we would know--see below). And I would suspect he paid for the services utilized by THOUSANDS of nontaxpaying citizen including the illegals who inhabit southern FL.

who? See page 4

No wonder he left California, right Phil?

So liberals, can we remember this the next time we throw out the old and tired the rich need to pay their fair share? Granted, its one cherry picked example but no less cherry picked than the business that pays "no taxes" which is typically because the tax bill is shuffled out. Many corporations, my former included, bonused out to the owners to show NO PROFIT for the corp but the owners paid individual taxes. My business paid "no taxes" (which is technically wrong as we paid all types of taxes/fees/etc thru the year, just no corporate taxes) but the owners did
    Last edited by Doc; 12-12-2019 at 03:16 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: Paying your fair share

I know they're talking about tax rates, but whenever I hear "fair share" I always think back to the wonderfully named Judge Learned Hand and his comment on this:

Any one may so arrange his affairs that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which will best pay the Treasury; there is not even a patriotic duty to increase one's taxes.
    https://law.justia.com/cases/federal...9/809/1562063/
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: Paying your fair share

Of course it's then up to a bunch of people who didn't earn it, didn't invest it, and don't have to meet any payrolls or do any really hard work to decide what is "fair".
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.