Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Well, that was certainly interesting (IG report)

Well, that was certainly interesting (IG report)

As expected, the IG did the two things we all knew he'd do:

1) Found the FBI was grossly negligent in their handling of the investigation, with numerous "material" errors in just about every step of their Trump/Russia investigation, outright lying to the FISA court to get their warrants, and

2) Covered for the bureaucrats and conservatively declared he found no emails where they actually were dumb enough to admit as to WHY these career professionals committed first year investigative errors over and over.

That's OK, that's what IG reports do. They publish the facts of errors, and rarely if ever actually admonish anyone for them. The IRS scandal, Hillary's email investigation (where 30,000 emails and dozens of devices were destroyed while under subpoena), etc. That's what they do. They are after all just a wing of the bureaucracy they are investigating.

But the REAL news was that Barr and Durham took the unusual step of actually criticizing that milquetoast conclusion that all was well with the world.

So now we know where the hammer will come from. That message couldn't be more clear what Barr and Durham think went on, and what they are pursuing. Will be interesting to see if it's a tack hammer or Mjolnir.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 12-10-2019 at 10:15 AM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Well, that was certainly interesting (IG report)

Can't nail a fat bureaucrat's tush to the wall with a tack hammer so I am hoping they enter the arena with fencing steeples/staples and a 20 ounce rip claw hammer.

Mjolinar, was an unknown word to me so I used my friend google to find one. I think I will stick with the claw hammer.

https://vegascentralgoods.com/produc...SABEgJVMvD_BwE
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I'm sure many if not most will ignore the deeply troubling things we have seen, not from Trump, but from the irrational fear of him.

The rule of law in a nation founded on the pursuit of liberty means the ends never justify the means. It is perhaps the most fundamental principle of our justice system.

Yet we have seen a level of corruption in Washington which shatters any old fashioned notions of public servants diligently dedicated to the pursuit of those liberties for The People.

When senior FBI officials don't present exculpatory evidence, assure judges in star chamber secret courts that sources they KNOW are unreliable are rock solid enough to justify wiretapping American citizens, etc., you know they and we as a nation have lost all perspective on our original goals.

Trump himself hasn't done anything anyone can point to in 3 years that has in any way "harmed democracy", but the reaction to him has trampled all over those supposedly dearly held principles. IN the end this is about power, and the entrenched elites not wanting to lose theirs to a boorish, ill-mannered man who isn't a member.

I don't really like Trump at all, but I like the elites of this nation usurping the vision of the Founders even less.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

You know, what surprises me is that they haven't found anything on Trump that even comes close to a crime and they've probably investigated him more than any man in the history of America. I would have thought they could have come up with something that resembled a crime.

My takeaways--

I actually agree with his report. Think it likely is accurate and let me explain why

1) Found that there was adequate evidence to start an investigation. The charge of interfering with an election is a serious charge and any suspicion of such should be followed up on. However once shown to be bogus, it should end there. It did not. The issue should not be the conception of the investigation but rather the continuation of it. This was the excuse used by the federal government to utilize its powers to investigate a political rival (sound familiar?). I have zero doubt in my mind that the left used this as an excuse to spy on the Trump campaign. They used the government resources against their political rival. However its OK for them to do it, sort of like when Schiff uses subpoenas to get Nunes phone records.

2) The IG cleared the FBI of official bias. Emphasis on official bias. The natural reaction is to compare Horowitz clearing of the FBI (and the left) with Mueller and his clearing of Trump of collusion. The right wants to use Mueller as proof he did nothing while the left claims it does not. Yet the tables are turned with Horowitz. But there is a major difference. Horowitz is an IG while Mueller was special counsel. There is a huge difference. One looks inside and one looks everywhere. I analogize the two to where an Inspector General would be like me hiring a consultant to review my practice. Tell me what I am doing wrong so I can fix it. Special counsel on the other hand would be the DPR (Dept of Professional Regulation--dept that issues professional licenses in this state) and the DEA where if I am doing something incorrect then NAIL me, fine me, arrest me, etc.... Horowitz found no official bias within the Dept. OK... but there were individuals within the dept that were extremely bias and had no business working on the investigation, period.

Now taking this to the "impeachment" because there are some parallels. I am one who focuses on Hypocrisy, especially in Washington. The left is all over the it was a justified investigation, which it was because the bar is so low. In fact its not really a bar but rather a line on the ground, that is how low it is. Somebody in a bar is what instigated this legitimate investigation. OK liberals, will give you that victory so long as when the Vice President of the United States say:

I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a bitch. (Laughter.) He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.
    Now a good liberal will counter that it should have not been Trump who investigated but rather the FBI, CIA, etc. Well if we have seen nothing from the Impeachment trials and the Mueller report, you are not paying attention. The Mueller/the FBI and the Impeachment hearings have shown crystal clear that those within the gov't who do not agree with Trump won't do as he ask, will impeded his goal and will do what ever they damn well please. Look at the "disgruntled" witness list on Impeachment. A Ukrainian envoy pissed because she got fired, etc..... The FBI spent months wire tapping Trump and his campaign. Yeah, I would go there too (DWS). However according to the constitution, it is the EXECUTIVE BRANCHES responsibility to enforce the law. Additionally the Constitution does not grant political rivals immunity. By the bar established in the Trump collusion case, clearly the Vice President's son working for a Ukrainian energy company making millions of dollars OR Joe Bidens own words are above said bar.
    Last edited by Doc; 12-11-2019 at 10:46 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I like what you wrote Doc. Well thought out. Some or many may not agree with all or part of your thoughts, but I think said thoughts have merit and should not be written off as a biased attack one way or the other and that is rare these days.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I also Agree with your post Doc! There's just too much evidence of bias and wrongdoing, to sweep it under the rug and say the IG report exonerated Comey or any of the others that have clearly been caught in wrongdoing.