Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Google employees refuse to help DOD

Google employees refuse to help DOD

The world just keeps getting weirder by the day. Stupid idiots do not mind doing work for the Chinese.

More than 3,000 Google employees signed a letter addressed to company CEO Sundar Pichai protesting Google's involvement.

“We believe that Google should not be in the business of war. Therefore we ask that Project Maven be cancelled, and that Google draft, publicize and enforce a clear policy stating that neither Google nor its contractors will ever build warfare technology,” the letter, obtained by The New York Times, read.

In the FOX Nation documentary “Artificial Intelligence: The Coming Revolution,” Fox Business anchor Maria Bartiromo did a deep dive on these issues when she went inside Anduril Industries, which is at the forefront of America’s race to use artificial intelligence to protect national security. The company is run by Palmer Luckey and the venture is backed by Silicon Valley billionaire Peter Thiel.

Luckey told Fox Nation that some Big Tech companies are in fact helping America's competitors. For instance, Google has an artificial intelligence lab in China.
    Maria Bartiromo goes inside $1 billion start-up of Trump-backing tech genius fired by FacebookVideo

“In China… there’s no difference between their civil sector and military sector. It's all one thing. That's why when you help Chinese companies work on artificial intelligence you are almost directly helping the Chinese military work on artificial intelligence. A lot of people in Silicon Valley don't really understand this. A lot of people in Silicon Valley, a lot of companies in Silicon Valley, see China as the ultimate business opportunity, not the ultimate adversary,” he said.

On Friday, Bezos argued that it is was essential that America's most innovative companies commit themselves to America's defense.

"In my view is -- if Big Tech is going to turn their backs on the Department of Defense, this country is in trouble. That's just can't happen," said Bezos. "It's the senior leadership team to say to people, 'Look, I understand these are emotional issues. That's OK. And we don't have to agree on everything. But this is how we're going to do it. We are going to support the Department of Defense.'"
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Google employees refuse to help DOD

Kudos for Bezos. I know he has massive contracts in front of the government and DoD, but that's a good thing.

I'm not sure we shouldn't go after Google for treason. It is illegal to export certain tech, and to aid certain countries. China should be on the list.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

It is high time the DoD brings tech inside the department. We no longer can rely on the private sector to act in America’s best interests.
    Real Fan since 1958

Without Lockheed they never would have built the SR71 or the F104, and I do mean Never. Took some brilliant minds to build those two and lots of innovative guts to make it happen.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.