Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Believe it or not..

Believe it or not..

..this is me singing in 1981. Not that it was good, but I had a different voice...like a young man's Bacca spittin', beer guzzlin' voice.

This was a record DG Bowen and I wrote and released on vinyl. He is on drums and singing some outrageously high harmony along with me. He passed away just recently and we were close friends since childhood.
    We enjoyed limited success on the radio and made a whopping 35 bucks apiece in royalties if I'm not mistaken. And just to warn ya', she's purdy daggone country. ...And a little thin sounding on MP3, but here goes nothing.

TOKEN RECORDS 1981 (BMI)

And the flip side (My favorite)

Last edited by kingcat; 11-19-2019 at 09:19 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Believe it or not..

Token Records?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Believe it or not..

I liked it, Dave, but I swear I like you better today. More sophisticated and refined. Both good, and of course I don't know what I'm talking about, either lol. But just my thoughts.

Re: Believe it or not..

Flip side (IMBILWY) has a little bit of The Possum feel to it mix with just a tad of Bakersfield Buck, to me.
    I. Love. It.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

LYLOOTT - Holy Cow.
    That boy was getting up there.
    He could sing tenor to a dog whistle...

Thanks for sharing.
    But I have to agree with the folks here, you don't get older; you get better with age...keep on picking!
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I really like the flip side. Nice pickin and good vocal harmonies

Nice work.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Because I haven't had a turntable since...well, since I cant recall; I hadn't heard these songs in many years myself.
    My SIL sent the two files to me and let me know she much preferred the old me to what we are doing now.

She is very opinionated, but usually has a kind heart..

She's not the only family member who is offended by my current work. I would think someone related to you would either be supportive or silent.
    Not so however.

I feel good about it myself so that's all that matters. By the way, we are preparing to have the project mastered for ITunes (That is the industry standard type music file for online music) and it will be published worldwide on all major online platforms. As it stands Metropolis Mastering out of London, England will do the work for us.

We'll also do a limited number of CD's.
    Last edited by kingcat; 11-21-2019 at 12:03 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Token Records?

What can I say..I was a young man then.

But best I recall, the signing bonus was incredible.

Believe it or not..

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    What can I say..I was a young man then.

But best I recall, the signing bonus was incredible.
    I like it...😎

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire