Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

About to abandon Mustang

I don't care that they build this car, sounds like a good, fast SUV to compete with Tesla.

But do NOT call this a Mustang:

Seriously, what the hell does this have to do with a muscle car? It has great performance, but it's not a Mustang.

This will IMO hurt their sales of actual muscle cars.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: About to abandon Mustang

Looks more like a Mazda than a Mustang.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

About to abandon Mustang

Looks like a Hot Wheels car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

About to abandon Mustang

Looks like my daughter's Honda CRV.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Looks more like a Mazda than a Mustang.
    Mazda was my first thought.

It has some cool features, it's not a bad design, but it's not a "Mustang". Definitely sell it, but call it something that is NOT a junking up of an iconic brand.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

About to abandon Mustang

Looks like they slapped the tail light assembly on it and decided it looked like a Mustang

...and the front grill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 11-19-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Pretty sure Ford has abandoned all cars except the Mustang and the Focus crossovers here in the US in the 2021 model year. Everything else will be trucks and SUVs.

Even the front grill is from their latest "globalization" of the Mustang.

The proper front grill is all but gone. It wasn't perfect on the 2011, my model, but was a lot closer than this thing.

Rupp's Runt

Ford has struggled with cars for a while. I guess they using the Mustang brand to boost sales.

As a Mustang fan, I agree with the OP. NOT A MUSTANG

Rupp's Runt

Yeah, not a fan of that particular Ford idea either.
    Like they couldn't pick a new model name out of the hat to make it be totally innovative. 😎

Rupp's Runt

I have been exploring the possibility of buying a new pickup truck next year when I retire.
    I am actually quite interested in the Rivian. But if I was to go that route, I would not buy the first-ever brand new model. I think it might be a good idea to wait until the 2nd model comes out to see what, if any issues the 1st model may have and what is done to rectify any issues.
    I'm just mulling it over for now. Still lots of time between now and next summer.

I'm not a Ford guy but the Mustang is iconic. I'm shocked they'd destroy brand loyalty like that.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Whatever happened to the new Bronco? Now those looked tough.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I don't care that they build this car, sounds like a good, fast SUV to compete with Tesla.

But do NOT call this a Mustang:

Seriously, what the hell does this have to do with a muscle car? It has great performance, but it's not a Mustang.

This will IMO hurt their sales of actual muscle cars.
    This is awful. My dad bought a 64 1/2 Mustang one of the first 500 built. It was a hot car. It was quite the car in which to take a spin around Frisch's on a Saturday Night.

Currently, I have a 2006 Acura RSX Type S with a six speed. I keep looking for a suitable car of similar specs to take its place and there just isn't another 6 speed out there like it in a reasonable price range.
    Real Fan since 1958

They need to bring the Bronco out and leave the mustang along.

Mustang Wagon/crossover, but at least it is better then the Tesla pickup!

My first car was a 66 Mustang coupe. Totalled it back in 1981, driving drunk as a skunk. My father has a 65 California Special ragtop, which will be mine someday. He also has a an late model GT convertible.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

About to abandon Mustang