Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Damn, President Trump Even Improved Washington's Baseball Team......

1st World Series title in nearly 100 years!!

Darryl

Re: Damn, President Trump Even Improved Washington's Baseball Team......

First World Series in history that a home team hasn’t won one game.

I've already ordered my Vladimir Guerrero Expos jersey to celebrate. Screw D.C. That town deserves the clap more than anything that makes them even remotely happy.

congress is looking into baseball collusion between Trump and the Nationals. Adam Schiff secretly met with Davie Martinez this morning
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Don't joke. I'm sure Trump will take credit for it and declare it the "Greatest World Series Ever" and all his doing, and I'm sure the Dems will find a way to spin it as a negative, perhaps a Washington Post headline lamenting like "Austere Scholarly Astros Defeated by Trump Backed Imperialists".
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    1st World Series title in nearly 100 years!!

Darryl

That is funny. Parade is Saturday and team will be. At the White house on Monday.

Not a huge baseball guy. I root for the Cubs. Happy for the city.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    That is funny. Parade is Saturday and team will be. At the White house on Monday.

Not a huge baseball guy. I root for the Cubs. Happy for the city.
    I heard they declined the white house because it is too decisive. Not a joke either. Public believes the left's decisive rhetoric that Trump is decisive.

I am never in favor of a champion not going to the white house. Were it me, I would go out of respect.for the office and the nation. I said the same when Obama was President (who IMO was far far more devisive) and would say the same had Hillary won in 2016.

And I too root for the Cubs. Have since I lived in Chi-town in the late 60's
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

And just to demonstrate the idiocy of the left at the moment, it would be like me telling you no speech, no voting etc for you because you’re a Cubs fan...kinda the same way the left views Orange Man bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I heard they declined the white house because it is too decisive. Not a joke either. Public believes the left's decisive rhetoric that Trump is decisive.

I am never in favor of a champion not going to the white house. Were it me, I would go out of respect.for the office and the nation. I said the same when Obama was President (who IMO was far far more devisive) and would say the same had Hillary won in 2016.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

A good number of the guys were there. One player publicly said he would not based on Trump's comments about the disabled.

But quite a few were there.

My position has always been you honor the office and show respect and courtesy to the president. I recall many UK fans, some in the DC area, talking about how Cameron Mills should not have gone when Clinton was there. I remember Noah playing a fool with Bush.

I was really angry at Obama for his remarks about how long it had been since UK last won a title. His Tarholeness really showed through.

Barry actually made a point to throw off on UK in 2012 and 2013 when UofL went there.

I do think you honor the office.

I would welcome having civil disagreements. But that seems hard to come by--from both sides.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    And just to demonstrate the idiocy of the left at the moment, it would be like me telling you no speech, no voting etc for you because you’re a Cubs fan...kinda the same way the left views Orange Man bad...
    A lot of politics today is single issue. Or all extreme right or left without nuance.

For better or worse Richie Farmer got elected to state office because of UK. People stand by candidates and ideologies for a variety of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    A good number of the guys were there. One player publicly said he would not based on Trump's comments about the disabled.

But quite a few were there.

My position has always been you honor the office and show respect and courtesy to the president. I recall many UK fans, some in the DC area, talking about how Cameron Mills should not have gone when Clinton was there. I remember Noah playing a fool with Bush.

I was really angry at Obama for his remarks about how long it had been since UK last won a title. His Tarholeness really showed through.

Barry actually made a point to throw off on UK in 2012 and 2013 when UofL went there.

I do think you honor the office.

I would welcome having civil disagreements. But that seems hard to come by--from both sides.
    I am glad most went. I did see the blurb with the player wearing the MAGA hat, and thought it funny.

I agree about respecting the office. I said the same when Obama was President, and Clinton. But I would also not "boycott" simply because visiting the white house itself is such a exclusive thing. To be in the same space as so many great people, from Abe Lincholn or JFK, is just real cool. It is a shame that some elect to not have that experience simply because of their own pettiness/childness.

Many have criticized Trump for how he handles it. For me, I think its cool that he would have McDonald's or Chick-fil-a. And I guarantee that college football players would prefer 2 big macs and 2 large fries to an appetizer of faux gras and asparagus spear soup!

Unforgettable

A good friend was second row and got great pictures of the outdoor ceremony.

Perfect day for such an event