Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Trump Rally at Rupp on Monday.

I signed up for a ticket. Thinking bout going. Any of you local guys considering going?

Re: Trump Rally at Rupp on Monday.

Thinking about getting a hotel room, lol.

I live downtown. Thinking with the Big Chief coming I may want to not be in the traffic and security closures. When he went to Richmond for Barr they closed big chunks of south lexington for his motorcade.

If I had the time I'd go just to see a President in Rupp Arena. I'm not big on political rallys, but there is a bit of history to a President coming.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I looked and little info on road closures etc. I imagine that's normal Secret Service policy, not announcing routes etc.

Not sure how the venue is configured. Media numbers are saying 10,000+, but how many Rupp holds depends on the setup. Can be done for 10,000, and secret Service may want it to not use upper deck, etc. but of course it'll hold double that if you use the whole place.

Anyone know the configuration? Just wondering how many will get to see him.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I looked and little info on road closures etc. I imagine that's normal Secret Service policy, not announcing routes etc.

Wayne Huizenga lived just around the corner from me in our old house (the Blockbuster/Waste Management/FL Marlins owner, etc). He had a private golf club that people would visit, including Barrach Obama. It was typically a disaster when the President came down. Additionally my wife works just a few block from Mar-a-Lago so when Trump flies in, its always a disaster. Funny thing though is the worse traffic cluster..... was when they brought the body of Nicole Anna Smith back.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I was in Hawaii for Christmas in 2014. Obama being there absolutely wrecked an already bad traffic situation.

The challenge right now is there isn't, and I don't think will be, published info on closings, times, etc. That's for security and I totally understand and support it, but it makes it tough to plan.

I'll be at work that day and on the other side of town from the airport and downtown, and will keep it that way, but not sure when I can return to downtown with it starting at 7pm. I'm guessing I just stay away till 10ish or so, or maybe get home after the 7pm start but before it ends. That's what I do for other big events, but not sure this time if major roads near Rupp will be closed for security to protect the President.

I could see them closing the surrounding streets while he's there to prevent some kind of vehicle based attack, and I live on one of those streets, lol.

Obviously though they have to have traffic open for those attending, so not sure what they'll do. The parking lots for Rupp are right across High St. from the building itself and it will be needed for ingress/egress.

Here is my story and had you been there you would agree it was the worst of this meager list in this thread.

Almost 30 years ago, my Mother and a friend of hers decided they would take a 3 week tour of Europe. Mother thinks it would be a great idea if our 11 year old daughter went with them. It was not the easiest thing in the word to do to convince my wife of the value of letting Heather accompany Grandma. I finally wore her down and off they go. They fly to Detroit then non stop to London. Plane lands in London and we get a call from my Mom and she puts Heather on the phone. Heather tears up when talking to her Mom and then the conversation ends.

We do not hear from them again until the plane is at the gate to fly back to Detroit, then on to Nashville. Heather is happy to be coming home and Judy is happier with me being the happiest as I had to live with Judy for 3 weeks with no contact with our 11 year old. Bears with a sore tooth have nothing on my wife during that period.

We drive to Nashville and are waiting for the flight to get in. This was back in the day when people could wander around the terminal without having to be scanned and carry a valid departing ticket. The flight arrives and we anxiously wait to see our daughter. Plane empties out including the flight attendants and no sign of Mother or daughter. My wife gets a look in her eye that I had not seen before and have not seen since, and takes off after the flight crew. They explain to her that the plane is empty and they did not lose anyone along the way. I walked up behind her and put my arm around her shoulder and she whirled on me, and hissed don't touch me. I said OK but lets go to the ticket counter and see what they can tell us.

I would not let Judy near the ticket counter and asked for her to have a seat and i would be right back to tell her what was up. Lady behind the counter was very helpful, She told me the flight from London to Detroit was diverted to Ontario, and the flight that arrived in Nashville had been sent out of Detroit 20 minutes early just to get out of the airport before they shut down the airspace for a plane carrying Desmond Tutu. I got a phone number for the hotel in Ontario, thanked the lady at the counter. I got my dear wife and found a pay phone and called the hotel in Ontario. Once I confirmed that our party were indeed guests there, I asked to be connected to their room and handed the phone to Judy. Our daughter spent the night in Ontario free of charge and flew home the next morning. We had a great reunion the next morning. We found out that my Mom had decided not to call us any more during the trip unless there was a problem as that 1st call from London had upset Heather. Judy has not forgiven my Mom, who is no longer with us, Desmond Tutu, and American airlines to this day.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Dang Dan, sounds like she's held onto that one for a while.

They did get High street back to the normal two full lanes and got the construction out of the way. That's good not just for the POTUS coming but for all the games in general. Was going to be bad otherwise.

And they paved it. Lexington's downtown streets have been as rough as corncobs in places from all the work. The patches were as bad as the trench plates.

She does not spend a lot of time thinking about it, but if there is a news blurb on TV about Tutu, her upper lip goes into a sneer, and her eyes go kinda wolfish. He does not need to visit Bowling Green.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.