Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

View Poll Results: Coffee and Tea Consumption

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • A. I drink coffee only

6 60.00%
  • B. I drink (hot) tea only

0 0%
  • C. I drink both coffee & hot tea

2 20.00%
  • D. I drink NEITHER coffee NOR hot tea

2 20.00%
  • E. (if A, B or C selected): I drink 3 or fewer cups daily

4 40.00%
  • F. (if A, B or C selected): I drink 4 or more cups daily

4 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Tea vs Coffee?

Tea vs Coffee?

Just curious. (There is a poll at the end of the post. I have "directions" for the Poll at the bottom of the thread--it requires two choices to be selected, but only 2.)

I have recently begun drinking tea, which I am really enjoying, especially green tea. I love that it has a little caffeine, but not a lot, and I can sip it multiple times a day without concern of overloading.

I still drink my morning coffee, but I am finding that I do not enjoy the taste of it as much now that I am drinking more tea.

So I thought I'd poll it and open this thread to see if my experiences are the norm. The poll is not all-encompassing, but I'd love to get your experience.

Are you a coffee drinker? Tea drinker? Both? Neither?

If you drink tea, are you a black tea drinker, green tea drinker, or something else? Or both/all? And do you put anything in your tea, like milk or anything else?

If you are a coffee drinker, how do you drink your coffee? Black, with creamer, with sugar? Or artificial sweetener?

Have you "switched" from one to the other? Have you tried the other?

Vote in the Poll if you can. Oh, yeah--I'm referred to drinking cups of hot tea, not really iced tea (although feel free to add that if you wish, too).

POLL INSTRUCTIONS:

The Poll has 6 questions. It allows you to select "multiple" choices. To answer the Poll, pick ONE of the first 4 choices (either A, B, C or D). IF you select A, B or C--then go on, and also pick E. or F. --NOTE--YOU SELECT THEM AT THE SAME TIME. YOU DO NOT GET TO GO BACK AFTER YOU HIT "SUBMIT."

Re: Tea vs Coffee?

As an example--I just selected "C" (I drink both coffee and hot tea) and "F" (I drink 4 or more cups daily).

If you pick A, B or C, remember to ALSO choose E or F, too.
    (If you pick D., you are "done.")

And just to give a little more information for my consumption, I drink black coffee, and mainly green tea. I do not put anything in either one.

I take my coffee black. Four to five cups a day.

I started in early grade school drinking it with both creme and sugar and graduated to black coffee as a teenager. Not too strong, and certainly not too weak. I need to see the upper inside of my cup but never the bottom.
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-30-2019 at 04:16 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Rupp's Runt

Tea vs Coffee?

Chocolate milk for me. Is that on the poll?

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Tea vs Coffee?

As a morning staple I don’t drink either, I do however occasionally have a cup of black coffee after a large meal with a dessert.

I usually drink iced tea with my meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Coffee.
    Black.
    I don't keep track of cups, I track pots...

Usually by lunch time I can thread a running sewing machine...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I only drink organic, fully woke soy milk made from beans that were played a selection of Peter, Paul and Mary songs and were humanely harvested by waiting for the bean pods to fall from their plant as they choose, and then have the carbon footprint of the harvester offset by planting of trees in third world countries, each with a small dedication plaque that apologizes for the transgressions of Western culture.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Coffee, strong, black, and slightly bitchy.
    If I drink tea it’s better sweet with a splash of milk but it doesn’t happen very often. Tried putting Kerry butter in my coffee for awhile—it supposedly keeps you from getting hungry and it’s okay but the added calories make up for eating less, or at least it did in my case.

Coffee only for me. The fab thing about where I live is there are so many independent coffee shops that I haven’t visited the same one yet and haven’t been to a Starbucks once while being here.

Neither. That’s one habit I’ve never developed. Neither one tastes good

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Neither. That’s one habit I’ve never developed. Neither one tastes good
    Neither does beer or booze, but if you drink enough you learn to like it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I’m a tea guy here. Never liked Coffee and the caffeine has no effect on me.
    I’m one of those weird ones that for some reason it just doesn’t work. I can take a triple espresso at midnight and be asleep at 12:01am.

I wish I could do that. If I have “leaded” coffee after 3:00pm I can’t fall asleep timely....
    Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    I’m a tea guy here. Never liked Coffee and the caffeine has no effect on me.
    I’m one of those weird ones that for some reason it just doesn’t work. I can take a triple espresso at midnight and be asleep at 12:01am.

I also don’t drink alcohol. 😳

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Neither does beer or booze, but
    if you drink enough you learn to like it.

Now you know....the rest of the story.

Mom was a black coffee drinker, too. Could believe that link with me, but with Mom? Now THAT would've been a story lol.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    I also don’t drink alcohol. 
    You're cutting down options for liquid refreshment fast. lol.

Let's get back to coffee.

This 'chit is important.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Surprised not more tea drinkers. Then again, I wasn't a tea drinker until recently either. Thought I'd try it for the health benefits of green tea and found it very convenient with an electric tea kettle.

I rarely will have a cup of hot tea, if it's winter and I'm sick and think I'm dying. Used to drink ice tea, unsweetened, now don't even do that much. Just water. Easy and cheap.