Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Halloween Costumes

The "bookend" man and woman is my son and his girlfriend. She's very artsy; my son is very computersy. Their costumes this year were arcade machines.

Went 3-for-3 last night in winning costume contests at 3 different parties. I don't know that much about the Whac-a-Mole game and what it did, but the Claw was a working arcade game. My son loves figuring out things like that, creating the joy stick, the crane "jaws," working with the weight, the computer language, etc. to make it work. They really have a good time with it.

2nd Edit - the whac a mole game is a working game too. The moles pop up underneath, but manually. But when money is put in, depending on how many moles are struck, it dispenses tickets.

They do quite well with the prizes, too, but if people knew how many hours they worked on these things, and how long they planned them lol.

(The two girls in the middle are his twin sister and a friend. My daughter wore a headband and went as a hippie to one of the same parties last night.)

Screenshot_20191027-153538__01.jpg
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 10-27-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Fab Five

Re: Halloween Costumes

Pretty neat.

Admittedly, I have never much been into Halloween. Oh it is fun with small kids, but to me it is just a so so holiday. Matter of fact, there have been no trick or treaters on my front stoop in over 16 years.

I am however on my way to the grocery store to buy 4 or 5 bags of candy. Our neighborhood is heavily wooded with fairly dark streets. Most have short steep hills and many curves. One section however has zero lot line houses, is fairly flat, and reasonably well lit. It is where all the kids go. The first year the area was developed my daughter went to this neighborhood for Halloween to go out with her friend who lived there. I was stuck in a traffic jam for about 10 minutes as there is only one entrance and exit. My daughter spent the night and I picked her up the next morning. She had no candy. I asked her if she ate it all and she said she ate what was left. It turned out that Gabby’s mom took their candy so she could give it out to other kids. They had over 800!

Well, this thing has grown. The third year there was a Hoover Police officer firecting traffic. Over the years it has grown to need about 5/patrol cars and the streets leading to my street are closed for about 5 hours. This year to help the situation the neighbors will have a shuttle bus from the Methodist church 3 miles away to bus kids in and out of the neighborhood.

Yesterday Gabby’s mom put a desperate post on facebook asking neighbors to donate candy. She posted a picture. She has two tents erected in her fron yard with 5 or 6 tables for neighbors to drop off candy. She had mountains of it and this morning she sent out an urgent request for more. So, I am off to buy candy. I’m just glad it’s not my house. Small price to pay to keep trouble away. As for me, I’ll be at Good People Brewing, downing a few Rattlesnakes.
    Real Fan since 1958

Halloween Costumes

A couple of years back Ms boss saw one of those yard inflatables of a skeleton playing a pipe organ, so naturally that’s what she wanted to be/do for Halloween.

So I put together a pipe organ on the front porch and this is how she handed out candy to the trick-or-treaters who actually found the courage to walk up the steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 10-28-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    The "bookend" man and woman is my son and his girlfriend. She's very artsy; my son is very computersy. Their costumes this year were arcade machines.

Went 3-for-3 last night in winning costume contests at 3 different parties. I don't know that much about the Whac-a-Mole game and what it did, but the Claw was a working arcade game. My son loves figuring out things like that, creating the joy stick, the crane "jaws," working with the weight, the computer language, etc. to make it work. They really have a good time with it.

2nd Edit - the whac a mole game is a working game too. The moles pop up underneath, but manually. But when money is put in, depending on how many moles are struck, it dispenses tickets.

They do quite well with the prizes, too, but if people knew how many hours they worked on these things, and how long they planned them lol.

(The two girls in the middle are his twin sister and a friend. My daughter wore a headband and went as a hippie to one of the same parties last night.)

Screenshot_20191027-153538__01.jpg
    That is amazing. Like seriously.
    ~Puma~

Attachment 8506

Cobra Kai for us.
    ~Puma~

Sweep the leg!!!
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Halloween Costumes

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    That is amazing. Like seriously.
    They won a week long cruise last year, among cash and other things, and well over $1,000 in cash prizes alone this year, plus dinner gift cards, bottles of premium alcohol, free shows for a year, and other prizes. The picture there was from the Humane Society party and contest and they won a $750 cash prize from them alone.

They'd do it just for the fun. They spend "date nights" working on the costumes together for a long time before Halloween begins. They just love it. She's very artsy, and he's artsy-wannabe and Inspector Gadgety computer nerd. That apple fell SO far from the tree...

Halloween Costumes

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    A couple of years back Ms boss saw one of those yard inflatables of a skeleton playing a pipe organ, so naturally that’s what she wanted to be/do for Halloween.

So I put together a pipe organ on the front porch and this is how she handed out candy to the trick-or-treaters who actually found the courage to walk up the steps.

Very cool! Love it.

Halloween Costumes

Attachment 8506

Cobra Kai for us.
    That is fantastic. Love the fam doing it together.

Halloween Costumes

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    They won a week long cruise last year, among cash and other things, and well over $1,000 in cash prizes alone this year, plus dinner gift cards, bottles of premium alcohol, free shows for a year, and other prizes. The picture there was from the Humane Society party and contest and they won a $750 cash prize from them alone.

They'd do it just for the fun. They spend "date nights" working on the costumes together for a long time before Halloween begins. They just love it. She's very artsy, and he's artsy-wannabe and Inspector Gadgety computer nerd. That apple fell SO far from the tree...
    They were wise in their choice of who wore which costume.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

No way I would have!

Halloween Costumes

No way I would have!
    We actually had one little kid stop short of the front porch, and said “just throw me the candy”.