Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: OT: Lebron Shows His A** During National Anthem.

OT: Lebron Shows His A** During National Anthem.

As a Lakers fan I’m embarrassed. As a US citizen I’m pi**ed.

https://twitter.com/realjack/status/...643033090?s=12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Fab Five

Re: OT: Lebron Shows His A** During National Anthem.

He’s a complete jerk.
    Real Fan since 1958

So glad they lost!!!

Peace

Richard (CW)

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Bet that trash wouldn’t act that way about the Chinese anthem. Uneducated POS. I am stunned UK fans pull for him

Darryl

Big mistake....maybe.
    But did he stand and listen up until that point?

Ive seen crowds begin to celebrate at the last words in the song. And this crowd was cheering at the same point in the song?? No singing follows either.

Is it at "And the home of the brave"? I believe he yells "Let's roll" as soon as they began singing that line which, along with the crowd cheering, made me assume the song was finishing. If so, this is not unusual in the least at sporting events.

I honestly do not trust far right or left wing blogs reporting things like this.

Id have to see what happened throughout the song to make a fair judgement. And Jack Murphy is a little too biased to believe on his own.

Jack Murphy, founder of Trending Politics

Perhaps we should look to Mother Jones for confirmation.

By the way I checked and these are the final notes of the national anthem..and almost everyone cheers, high fives or otherwise celebrates at that point. All the conservative outlets are trying to run with it however, even Fox.

Just a conservative backlash against the man for the China thing.
    And in this situation, completely unfair and self serving.
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-23-2019 at 08:42 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Big mistake....maybe.

Ive seen crowds begin to celebrate at the last words in the song. And this crowd was cheering at the same point in the song?? No singing follows either.

Is it at "And the home of the brave"? I believe he yells "Let's roll" as soon as they began singing that line which, along with the crowd cheering, made me assume the song was finishing. If so, this is not unusual in the least at sporting events.

I honestly do not trust far right or left wing blogs reporting things like this.

Id have to see what happened throughout the song to make a fair judgement. And Jack Murphy is a little too biased to believe on his own.

Thanks, Kingcat.

OT: Lebron Shows His A** During National Anthem.

Big mistake....maybe.

By the way I checked and these are the final notes of the national anthem..and almost everyone cheers, high fives or otherwise celebrates at that point. All the conservative outlets are trying to run with it however, even Fox.

Just a conservative backlash against the man for the China thing.
    And in this situation, completely unfair and self serving.
    If that’s the case I stand corrected and apologize for making a knee jerk judgement without, as you pointed out the entirety of the situation.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    Thanks, Kingcat.
    I have plenty of friends falling for the same kind of stuff on FB. Posting articles from years back as if they are current, and snippets of anything to further an agenda.
    Hardly anyone investigates what they want to believe.

Oh Yeah, both an AD fan and Laker fan here!

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    If that’s the case I stand corrected and apologize for making a knee jerk judgement without, as you pointed out the entirety of the situation.

It no ones fault but the machine that turns this stuff out. And not limited to conservatives either.

We can actually learn from it. And it's certainly not needed to make people question LeBron. Just overkill.

I dont pay athletes a lot of attention. We were all young and sometimes dumb once. It's even dumber to expect the same smarts we old dudes possess. Thayz got the strong bodys, weez got the brains...and comfortable recliners
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-23-2019 at 08:55 PM.

It no ones fault but the machine that turns this stuff out. And not limited to conservatives either.
    Not limited to conservatives? I would think not since they are in the media minority. For what it's worth, ESPN had this on and we know they are not conservative and they suggested that Lebron has not had a history of "celebrating" before the end of the Anthem in the past and they were comparing it to his recent political conjecture. Yes, I hate the lakers and never been a Lebron fan. I truly hate AD went there, but pray this is not the start of a political filled statement year for Lebron.

Peace

Richard (CW)

Big mistake....maybe.

I think that is reasonable to do king, He undoubtedly made a horse’s rear out of himself over China/ Hong Kong as well as most of the rest of the NBA. Mother Jones isn’t exactly an unbiased source though either.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    Not limited to conservatives? I would think not since they are in the media minority.
    Peace

Richard (CW)
    Things like this may be the reason for that. It should be a non issue.

And I do understand it is a story now, but the story is about more than LeBrons actions.
    Perhaps it will scare our athletes into a rigid stance throughout the anthem, or maybe laws should be passed fining individuals who do not meet some patriotic standard. I do know this, it would not have been an issue when I was a young man. Or a middle aged man for that matter.

But as an older man I've seen our country change(d) a lot. And a lot of us old men have re-written our own history to Charles Bronson status.
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-23-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRxman93 View Post
    I think that is reasonable to do king, He undoubtedly made a horse’s rear out of himself over China/ Hong Kong as well as most of the rest of the NBA. Mother Jones isn’t exactly an unbiased source though either.
    They certainly are not. Hehe, kinda' the point.

Fox and others have picked up on the story. But it don't fly on its own.
    It's what should be called a quick hitter meant to fire up a political/viewrship base.
    Just kill the story before any alternate view becomes relevant and move on to the next one.
    And, it works.
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-23-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Ya, this is BS. This was the last line in the song and I've been at a million games where the entire crowd screams and jumps and all kinds of other stuff.
    That is a completely misleading tweet that was soaked up by way too many people.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Ya, this is BS. This was the last line in the song and I've been at a million games where the entire crowd screams and jumps and all kinds of other stuff.
    That is a completely misleading tweet that was soaked up by way too many people.
    But do we realize it and become angry at those who are toying with us? Or do we pull for them to create more and better works?

That's the million dollar question

Gang if you dont mind, I will send this over to the Barber Shop. Everyone is welcome to sound off over there..

Dont be too hard on ole kingcat though. Im old and stuck in my ways too ya' know.

There will be a redirect on the premium page for one hour
    Then the thread will be found only in the KSR Barber Shop.
    Over behind Citizen's wet bar
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-23-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Well, the NBA has no tolerance for anthem protest like we’ve seen in other sports.
    In the proper context, this is just Lebron getting game ready at the end of the anthem.

You can’t really tell but it sounds to me like he peeled off with only “the brave” left to go. And it sounds like it might have been one of those torturously long versions lol. If so, no big deal imo.

Side note, I still wish they’d change the national anthem to America the Beautiful. It’ll never happen but its such a prettier song.
    changing my signature to change our luck.