Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Cats vs Cats BW scrimmage instalment

I really liked that scrimmage. Very happy with every kid.. Quickley was exceptional and looks to be in the process of securing a starting spot. Hagans was very good too along with Maxey. He is certainly one of the best defenders I have watched in blue and white.
    Maxey will blossom as the season progresses. Juzang is just a player..and if his perimeter shot is as good as I suspicion will be a good NBA player someday. Just something about him screams, "Im going to be a 6'9" sharpshooting guard one day"

Sestina will be as important to this team as Travis was to last years club. He could start at the three imo.

EJ played well but Nick was the best big man on the floor. He did make some mistakes but was active as his stat line shows. He was the force around the rim and played cleaner than I have ever seen him play. Played hard without a lot of upper body contact
    Brooks is something else imo. Worked the midrange game hard offensively which you dont see much.
    Saw him standing around some but Cal will change that fast.
    Whitney is every bit the athlete and very active. A deadly combination at the forward slots.

This team will live up to its billing. It will be better than last seasons team imo.
    Why? Shooting, quickness, and length. thats why.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I saw a few things different than I expected an may not jive with some of you guys, but here goes. Zone is a bad idea we won’t zone, nick and ej can’t play it. Quickley was the biggest revelation, he moved way quicker than last year and it wasn’t just confidence. Maxey was good and will be even better he’s for real. Didn’t love Hagans game tonight but he will do better when he’s locked in and more serious. He can still only shoot well set. Love what sestina brings, may have trouble guarding. Love Whitney and brooks especially Whitney but brooks oozes potential. Juzang has a sick feel around the basket and if he starts hitting the three I think he could be a major contributor, I liked how active he was on defense. Richards looked good early then faded, still wasn’t impressed with his hands or strength with the ball but he’s really long. I think he plays more minutes than last year but can see him falling back to a role player. I was most disappointed in ej. Maybe it was the style of the game as cal said or maybe he was just off but I thought he looked bad early, weak with the ball and got stripped a lot. I dropped he and nick back to last season status almost after seeing tonight, especially knowing the young guys will improve a lot in the coming weeks.

All that said, I would say the top players are hagans, Quickley, maxey, sestina, whitney, juzang, and brooks with ej and nick playing roles which increase when another guy is off. That’s a way too early guess but it’s my gut feel after seeing them for the first time. Someone between juzang and brooks will step up. I think nick starts to begin the year then someone takes that spot. We shall see, should be a fun year.
    Go Cats!

lol no.

hagans quickley richards are no brainer starters. not as impressed with maxey as i hoped. Juzang, Brooks, Sestina and EJ fighting it out. again this year, ej shoots and i have no expectation that it will go in. what can whitney do?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    hagans quickley richards are no brainer starters. not as impressed with maxey as i hoped. Juzang, Brooks, Sestina and EJ fighting it out. again this year, ej shoots and i have no expectation that it will go in. what can whitney do?
    Agree....EJ disappointed. I hate preseason......I don't know names until late January...LOL. Lots of lengths and athleticism...we will see how it translates in March, but tonight I was not greatly impressed.

Peace

Richard (CW)

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    Agree....EJ disappointed. I hate preseason......I don't know names until late January...LOL. Lots of lengths and athleticism...we will see how it translates in March, but tonight I was not greatly impressed.

Peace

Richard (CW)
    As always in a preseason scrimmage, there are going to be good and bad. Have to look for what to be impressed by. Quickley was definately impressive. In fact was the best player on the floor. Ditto for Sestina and Richards. For Nick, the bar has been peetty low but he played well even for a higher bar. Not sure how you were not impressed with the performance of that trio.

Disappointed in EJ? Compared to what he did last year, I thought he looked good. Of course my expectation for him are based on reality rather than hype, which is the danger of hype.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I think people have gotten so down on Richards that since EJ did not outplay him and being half of the inside tandem, he has been cast into the same mold.

I thought Nick was most impressive. Active without fouling or hanging his head even once. EJ appeared to looking for his spot on the floor at times.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain