Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

So just bought son a new car.....

13 Jeep Compass with 67k miles. Got it 1/4 mile down the road and it starts lurching like its getting no gas! Turned around and went back, not 2 minutes after buying

Sold "as is"!!!!!

No, just kidding. Got it from Carmax so they are giving me a loaner while they figure out the issue, and if not fixed right we can return.

Funny thing is we also looked at a 2016 AWD model that did the same thing, except we didn't get out of the parking lot before check engine light came on
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

So just bought son a new car.....

I like the Jeeps, but those kind of things seem to happen.

Re: So just bought son a new car.....

Are debating to keep or not. Again, an option with Carmax. We are going to look at a Subaru Tribeca today at the Miami lot. If it is a keeper then we just void yesterdays deal and get this one once they ship to here
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

My first thought is that they forgot to change the fuel filter. That is a standard service item at around 50,000 miles so it would be hard to forget. 2nd thing I thought was it was running really low on fuel and the fuel pump picked up a little bit of water in the bottom of the fuel tank. Does not really matter though unless your son is set on that particular vehicle.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I started to buy a Jeep Renegade at Carmax a couple of years ago and ultimately ended up with a Nissan Juke due to Jeep’s somewhat questionable history on breakdowns. Wasn’t real happy with Carmax though. The exterior looked great but made them re.vacuum and detail the interior.

We rescinded the deal. Went down to Miami and got a Subaru Tribecca which is a much nicer vehicle

Perhaps an MAF sensor. (Mass Air Flow)

They do go bad as they just did on my Wifes infinity. Wouldn't take gas, and would miss fire and shake if you tried. But we could manage to very slowly accelerate to 40 mph or so as long the engine wasnt in any strain.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain