Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

NBA: The hypocrisy of "Woke"

Happy to have them call for limits on the 2nd Amendment, even free speech, and they're "brave" and "speak truth to power".

Unless of course it might offend the Chinese, who have 1.4 billion people who could buy NBA merchandise.

Then you shut the F up and play nice with a Communist government that has over a million people in internment camps, over 200 million (and growing) cameras tracking every movement of every citizen, and is currently beating the crap out of the people of Hong Kong for daring to cling to some Western notion of freedom.

Tucker Carlson does a nice job summarizing it:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/60932940...#sp=show-clips

And huge kudos to South Park, for once again being more honest, brave and forthright than any US news organization or "woke" Hollywood actor, b/c they called out China, got banned, and then told them off again on twitter instead of backing down. The same thing they did with radical Islam and everyone else btw.

That's how you are NOT a hypocrite.

The NBA could take notes, but instead they're going to shut up and play along.

B/c despite all their preaching and telling us all how to live, it's still really about the money. So get "woke" folks, not to the divisive authoritarian "progressive" agenda, but to the fact that it's a big fat propaganda lie worthy of Pravda.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: NBA: The hypocrisy of "Woke"

Piece on Steve Kerr, who is happy to tell everyone what he thinks, and how he sees the oppression of Hong Kong as "a really bizarre international story."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/coach-...ized-nba-china

What do you think he'd say if cops in the US were gassing and water hosing and beating protesters?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

What do you think he'd say if cops in the US were gassing and water hosing and beating protesters?
    Are the protestors liberals or conservatives?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Are the protestors liberals or conservatives?
    lol, very good point. Guess if it was cops beating a bunch of people at a Trump rally he'd fall silent. Or if it was Antifa, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Piece on Steve Kerr, who is happy to tell everyone what he thinks, and how he sees the oppression of Hong Kong as "a really bizarre international story."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/coach-...ized-nba-china

I found Kerr's response funny....basically "above my pay grade". Of course he knows enough about other stuff but the NBA's edict about nothing to hurt the bottom line suddenly blossoms to "above my pay grade". Still waiting on Popovich's comments.
    Last edited by Doc; 10-09-2019 at 07:53 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

Tucker Carlson does a nice job summarizing it:
    Carlson is typically on spot but also a true A-hole. Always looks confused and the sarcastic laugh is old. Typical "interrupt the guest if we disagree" that you see all too often
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Imagine if murder charges in certain states without the death were transferred/changed to states with the death penalty. Think that would cause any outrage?

I have always found it amazing that so many companies, etc do business in China and yet I cannot visit Cuba (not kidding).
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Carlson is typically on spot but also a true A-hole. Always looks confused and the sarcastic laugh is old. Typical "interrupt the guest if we disagree" that you see all too often
    I think he's just totally fed up with the swamp. He sees it for what it is, a giant mountain of lies couched in the language of caring and admirable goals, and it just seethes out of him now.

I find myself doing that too. The crap the elites on both sides feed us is so obvious, so full of hypocrisy and self interest, it's sickening. The only thing more sickening is people believing it.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    I have always found it amazing that so many companies, etc do business in China and yet I cannot visit Cuba (not kidding).
    You can now or could before the diplomats were made sick by sonic pulse. We may have halted it for safety reasons.

Had a coworker from the White House who vacationed there in 2017.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

The China spin has a whole other dimension on the kapernik protest.

I have disagreed with that form f protest and was angered by the American flag bullshit.

Nike and China. Trump and Russia. Tough for patriotic Americans.