Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Bob Knight

Bob Knight

OK...what the hell is wrong with him? Is he serious? I mean come on now...how does he not know what a shot clock is...I mean really?

For those who missed it, werent paying attention to him like me...he needs help

http://deadspin.com/5975079/uk+vandy...ium=socialflow

Re: Bob Knight

What Davis didn't seem to understand is that the referees don't watch the clock count down, they watch the action on the court. The clock and the buzzer obviously weren't in synch as the buzzer clearly didn't sound until after the ball left Noel's hand, just as clearly as the clock was on zero on the replay. The refs have to assume the buzzer is the correct of the two. At any rate, shot clock rulings aren't supposed to be reviewable except in cases of malfunction, which Davis and Knight should have known.

I noticed they didn't dispute the out of bounds call on the other end of the court when Fuller knocked the ball out of Mays' hands or any of the other innumerable other questionable calls, but UK never gets the benefit of the doubt, especially at places like Vandy. That being said, there was no excuse for letting them back into the game.

BTW, all of the pundits that are posting this video online and saying the refs blew it are wrong. If you watch the replay, the game clock reads 18.3 when the shot clock goes to 0, but the shot clock doesn't actually expire until the game clock reads 17.3. If the game clocks included tenths of a second, this would have been obvious even to Bubby Knight.
    Last edited by Catfan73; 01-11-2013 at 12:27 AM.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Re: Bob Knight

I might add that the actual shot clock as seen from the floor are there for the player's edification, not the referees. They listen for the buzzer. Vandy even has those clocks in the wrong place, another disadvantage for visiting players. The SEC needs to put them on the same playing field as everyone else. It's akin to having a crown on the football field 12" higher than everyone else's or cutting the field turf 1" longer than everyone else.
    changing my signature to change our luck.