Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quantum Stuff

Re: Quantum Stuff

Milestone Experiment Proves Quantum Communication Really Is Faster

Quantum computers are still a dream, but the era of quantum communication is here. A 2018 experiment out of Paris has demonstrated, for the first time, that quantum communication is superior to classical ways of transmitting information.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

What Makes Quantum Computing So Hard to Explain?

Quantum computers, you might have heard, are magical uber-machines that will soon cure cancer and global warming by trying all possible answers in different parallel universes
    seeya
    dan

And when Jesus was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen;

Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.

And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples. And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

Luke 19.

"In upcoming research, scientists will attempt to show the universe has consciousness"

However, one loophole of this knowledge gap is that we can’t exhaustively say other organisms, and even inanimate objects, don’t have consciousness. Humans relate to animals and can imagine, say, dogs and cats have some amount of consciousness because we see their facial expressions and how they appear to make decisions. But just because we don’t “relate to” rocks, the ocean, or the night sky, that isn’t the same as proving those things don’t have consciousness.

This is where a philosophical stance called panpsychism comes into play, writes All About Space’s David Crookes:

“This claims consciousness is inherent in even the tiniest pieces of matter — an idea that suggests the fundamental building blocks of reality have conscious experience. Crucially, it implies consciousness could be found throughout the universe.”
    It’s also where physics enters the picture. Some scientists have posited that the thing we think of as consciousness is made of micro-scale quantum physics events and other “spooky actions at a distance,” somehow fluttering inside our brains and generating conscious thoughts.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

If you are thoroughly confused and fail to find natural entanglement, then read on

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

Ok, does anyone else get excited, although sometimes confused and lost, when they see this thread has an update?

Quantum Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    Ok, does anyone else get excited, although sometimes confused and lost, when they see this thread has an update?
    I am constantly confused with it. But fascinated.

seeya
    dan

So, they have "broken" the time continuum with manipulation of a small piece of matter....and it uses zero energy!

https://www.popsci.com/science/what-...=pocket-newtab

Here is a very rudimentary discussion of the Time Crystal. I found it an easy read and it makes some of the more difficult stuff easier for me to understand.
    seeya
    dan

Still lost me about halfway thru. I love these posts but I kind of dread them at the same time because they make my head hurt.

Quantum Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Still lost me about halfway thru. I love these posts but I kind of dread them at the same time because they make my head hurt.
    Same. But anything above comic book level does that for me. I do enjoy watching my smart friends talk about this stuff though.

Ok, question. And yes it will likely fully show my lack of understanding and put on full show my ignorance...

But if I have to blast a crystal with a laser to get the Time Crystal, haven't I used energy to so so? And for the change, didn't the crystal have to use energy to change?

Ok, question. And yes it will likely fully show my lack of understanding and put on full show my ignorance...

But if I have to blast a crystal with a laser to get the Time Crystal, haven't I used energy to so so? And for the change, didn't the crystal have to use energy to change?
    If my quantum thinking is correct, the answer is both yes and no. And not depending on how you look at it, but if you do.

Seriously, I think the conundrum is, why do the atoms decide to dance the two step perpetually even though they themselves absorb no energy from the blast?

As they stated, atoms then may (and may not simultaneously) flip into another state—and then flip back—and then flip again—and so forth, all without actually absorbing any energy from the laser.

So the writer states.., "if you step back, what you’ve just created is a state of matter that’s perpetually in motion, indefinitely, without taking in any energy"

Like the atoms agreed just to respond that way. And liked it so much they then decided to compare their previous state to their new digs. Then mutually agreed they enjoyed alternating even more than either state alone. They are not being prodded to do so as it is entirely their decision I think.

Thus apparently violating the second law of thermodynamics.

Then again, you are right about the initial stimuli. But it seems the response is less about the energy than it is atoms stepping on stage for an eternal dance number when they know the lights went on.

Last edited by kingcat; 09-02-2021 at 06:05 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    If my quantum thinking is correct, the answer is both yes and no. And not depending on how you look at it, but if you do.

Seriously, I think the conundrum is, why do the atoms decide to dance the two step perpetually even though they themselves absorb no energy from the blast?

As they stated, atoms then may (and may not simultaneously) flip into another state—and then flip back—and then flip again—and so forth, all without actually absorbing any energy from the laser.

So the writer states.., "if you step back, what you’ve just created is a state of matter that’s perpetually in motion, indefinitely, without taking in any energy"

Like the atoms agreed just to respond that way. And liked it so much they then decided to compare their previous state to their new digs. Then mutually agreed they enjoyed alternating even more than either state alone. They are not being prodded to do so as it is entirely their decision I think.

Thus apparently violating the second law of thermodynamics.

Then again, you are right about the initial stimuli. But it seems the response is less about the energy than it is atoms stepping on stage for an eternal dance number when they know the lights went on.

kingcat, I freely admit...all this quantum stuff is likely so far above my IQ capability that I am constantly perplexed.

kingcat, I freely admit...all this quantum stuff is likely so far above my IQ capability that I am constantly perplexed.
    So are we all I think. I don’t understand it at all other than how it reads from a sci-fi perspective. It sure seems like a different version of reality bleeds over into our own at the quantum level.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    String theory and multiverse I get at the macro level. I think it also helps with the understanding of time too...but what I am not sure the human mind will every be able to harness is the capture of the infinite possibilities...like how would the world and timeline (ie another multiverse) be if I had not typed this response.

seeya
    dan

Loved that Dan.

First, I like the guy. I can relate to him (just at a level way below his iq)

Second, given that our Brain is a quantum computer, and how he describes vision and using the Red PacMen...does a person that was born blind actually have a higher functioning brain since it is not limited by what it has seen?

And lastly, based on this, positive thinking really does effect the eventual outcomes.

Loved that Dan.

First, I like the guy. I can relate to him (just at a level way below his iq)

Second, given that our Brain is a quantum computer, and how he describes vision and using the Red PacMen...does a person that was born blind actually have a higher functioning brain since it is not limited by what it has seen?

And lastly, based on this, positive thinking really does effect the eventual outcomes.
    Do you watch any of the Skinwalker ranch shows? He is one of the lead UFO researchers on the show. If you have not tuned into any of them and have a free hour or two tonight, the show airs at 8:00 and 9:00 CDT Tuesday nights on the History channel.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 07-05-2022 at 01:31 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Do you watch any of the Skinwalker ranch shows? He is one of the lead UFO researchers on the show. If you have not tuned into any of them and have a free hour or two tonight, the show airs at 8:00 and 9:00 CDT Tuesday nights on the History channel.
    I will now. I had not even heard of Skinwalker ranch.

I am now addicted to Skinwalker Ranch. Kinda like I got hooked into Oak Island...

seeya
    dan

seeya
    dan

Guys, Amazon Prime has a show called The Secrets of Quantum Physics. I’m sure it may be rudimentary for you guys but I’m finding it at least helping me get a basic understanding

Ok, on this Quantam show on amazon I have just learned I am behind on my understanding of the human senses. I was taught our sense of smell was about the molecule fitting into a memory lock in my brain.

I guess now it is known as a quantum thing around the vibration of the bonds between molecules, like sound, not the molecules themselves in some type of quantum mechanics in our body. Same with birds that migrate using earths magnetic field.

Does Quantum explain the Black Hole Reversability quandry?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-hole-paradox/

How will this true experimental data affect entanglement?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTn6Ewhb27k
    seeya
    dan

seeya
    dan