I know, it's a made-up holiday (as I mentioned in another thread), but I am glad to think about this one today, for various reasons. To all here who have daughters, or who are daughters, I salute you.

These words from the national site resonated with me today.
On National Daughter Day we remember to show unconditional love to the guardian of our family trust, our beautiful, witty, creative, and sometimes, demanding daughters. For aging parents, especially, a daughter maintains a level of connectivity and commitment that keeps families together and healthy.

My daughters are all of those--beautiful, witty, creative, and sometimes (sometimes?) demanding lol. I love them all, of course.

My wife is caring for her aged parents (as I mentioned in another thread) today, as the 2nd oldest daughter of four, and the only one not working, with the ability to spend some time with them. Bless her. She is working very hard. It helps that her training was an occupational therapist, and she has significant medical background, both of which are coming in handy caring for her sick and ailing parents right now. Hopefully she can come home soon, though. .

Anyway, Happy National Daughter Day to all!