Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Presidential Prediction...Our own Crystal Ball

I thought this would be a fun thing to do (I might be the only one...ha).

But I think it will be really interesting to see how it changes as the months go by for the next year+.

So, like the "Crystal Ball", log your prediction and put the date next to it. We will call the winner the person who gets it right AND who does it the soonest (so it behooves you to post quickly).

Everyone can change their prediction (just like Crystal Ball) and some of you can even be Jerry Meyer and change it the night of the election.

All that to say...list who beats who and the date you are posting it.

Let's see how crazy things change (like last time).

Darrell, any chance we can get this at the top banner as people log picks? That might be fun. Not trying to add to your work.

Final thing...this is not who you WANT...its what you think will happen.

My prediction is below.
    Last edited by ukpumacat; 09-24-2019 at 02:04 PM.
    ~Puma~

Re: Presidential Prediction...Our own Crystal Ball

Warren over Trump.

Predicted September 24th, 2019.
    ~Puma~

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Trump loses. Nullifies the election on grounds of voter fraud. Declares martial and remains in power.

Democrats labeled as terrorists. California secedes.

Nostradamus. Lost Quatrain.

Think Biden wins. Do think Trump will contest results. Not kidding there

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

My 2 buddies above are as objective as the Kansas insiders picking every recruit to be a Jayhawk (they still have a locker reserved for Randle)

Darryl

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Well played Darryl. I do think this election will mirror recruiting as it will be a fluid situation

I going to be like Evan Daniels; my pick will be announced Election night.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    My 2 buddies above are as objective as the Kansas insiders picking every recruit to be a Jayhawk (they still have a locker reserved for Randle)

Darryl
    Oh, I almost picked Trump. And I will change my prediction to Trump depending on who wins the Dem nomination. I think its nearly 50/50 that he wins. I have no problem predicting he will win even though I won't vote for him. None at all.
    I think this election is nearly impossible to predict which is why I think this is fun to get it down early. I am hoping I don't have to change my pick...but I likely will.

What is your way too early prediction?
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Oh, I almost picked Trump. And I will change my prediction to Trump depending on who wins the Dem nomination. I think its nearly 50/50 that he wins. I have no problem predicting he will win even though I won't vote for him. None at all.
    I think this election is nearly impossible to predict which is why I think this is fun to get it down early. I am hoping I don't have to change my pick...but I likely will.

What is your way too early prediction?
    If Trump wasn't such a boorish clown, he would runaway in the election. But SO many people will vote against him just because of their personal disdain for him. Close call, but if the Dems go all out in this impeachment, Trump may slip by.

Darryl

That is the same way I see it too. I think Trump is welcoming the impeachment parade too. Not only does he run against the Democratic candidate, but he will also run against a congress that hasn’t done diddly poo in the 2 years they’ve been there.
    If Trump wasn't such a boorish clown, he would runaway in the election. But SO many people will vote against him just because of their personal disdain for him. Close call, but if the Dems go all out in this impeachment, Trump may slip by.

Darryl

I'd pick Trump to lose in a close one simply b/c of his behavior and mostly his asinine tweets.

But the Democrats are apparently going to do everything they can to insure the conservative base is just as fired up to go vote as the liberal base has been since they lost to Trump. That's going to give him a puncher's chance.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

And yes, Trump will welcome the impeachment process. He'll obviously never be removed from office, so this is nothing but political theater, and the Dems just climbed in the mud with a guy who loves to mud wrestle.

But hey. Thank God no one in charge wants to actually do anything useful to help the country, on either side.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Warren over Pence. 9.25.19
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Warren over Pence. 9.25.19
    I see what you did there. Haha
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'd pick Trump to lose in a close one simply b/c of his behavior and mostly his asinine tweets.

But the Democrats are apparently going to do everything they can to insure the conservative base is just as fired up to go vote as the liberal base has been since they lost to Trump. That's going to give him a puncher's chance.
    So what's your pick Chuck? Who do you think gets the Dem nomination and does Trump beat them?
    ~Puma~

I going to be like Evan Daniels; my pick will be announced Election night.

Darryl
    I'll go one step farther. I'll go Jerry Meyers, and make my prediction on December 1, 2020
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

So what's your pick Chuck? Who do you think gets the Dem nomination and does Trump beat them?
    Biden will lose over this Ukraine thing. A lot will come out about him and his son. Getting $600K a year to be on a board when you have no oil/gas expertise and no ties to the Ukraine? Dont' even speak the language etc.? That plus his endless ability to form and express an accurate thought will wear on him.

So I expect Warren to get the nomination. The problem is she's only about 5% more likeable and personable than Hillary.

In the end it will come down to the grassroots efforts in about 5-6 swing states I think, and I don't know which party is doing the best on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

In the end it will come down to the grassroots efforts in about 5-6 swing states I think, and I don't know which party is doing the best on that front.
    Warren and Bernie's grass roots efforts are both very strong. In fact, I think Bernie is Warren's real issue. His voters will almost all go to her as they are very similar in ideology. But last time he stayed in the race far too long and I suspect he might again.

I think Warren will win Iowa and then New Hampshire. Biden will likely win South Carolina. If that happens Bernie will have no reason to stay in the race.
    ~Puma~

Trump wins re-election. 09-25-19

At times I wonder who is guiding the democratic ship. It’s like it’s rudderless. The whole impeachment Ukrainian quid pro quo that was big “impeachable” offense was a big flaming bag of poo that Pelosi jumped on with both feet. Now it’s all over the entire party.....by association......following Russiagate which was a similar bag of poo that Pelosi managed to avoid, but many other dems did not.
    I think Trump will win re-election simply due to democratic stupidity and TDS.....
    9/25/19

Warren and Bernie's grass roots efforts are both very strong. In fact, I think Bernie is Warren's real issue. His voters will almost all go to her as they are very similar in ideology. But last time he stayed in the race far too long and I suspect he might again.

I think Warren will win Iowa and then New Hampshire. Biden will likely win South Carolina. If that happens Bernie will have no reason to stay in the race.
    And that ideology is Trump's best shot. it is close to Bernie's, and that sells well in some places, but is a bastard at a family reunion in a lot of others.

As for grassroots, the GOP has done a great job of late, and IMO it will come down to the two parties and how well they work in those key states.

Will minority voters turn out for her? They have an interesting choice between three old, white rich men (same as usual) and an old, white rich woman who falsely claimed to be a minority in order to advance her career.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    At times I wonder who is guiding the democratic ship. It’s like it’s rudderless. The whole impeachment Ukrainian quid pro quo that was big “impeachable” offense was a big flaming bag of poo that Pelosi jumped on with both feet. Now it’s all over the entire party.....by association......following Russiagate which was a similar bag of poo that Pelosi managed to avoid, but many other dems did not.
    I think Trump will win re-election simply due to democratic stupidity and TDS.....
    9/25/19
    I see the transcript as pretty damning coupled with the fact that trump held up the aid package, the whistleblower concern was supported bu an IG and Congress was not informed timely.

I clearly have a bias against Trump and believe he is the worst person that has ever happened to the country.

It is maddening to see people who I otherwise generally agree with think so differently and dismiss what I see as such a threat to our nation as acceptable presidential conduct.

Oh well. You can find me pounding my fists into the sand in front of the melted, deformed remnants of the Statue of Liberty.

And Biden holding up funding until the prosecutor in Ukraine wasn’t fired was OK?

This is what Trump is referring to...watch the clip and listen to Biden’s own words....

https://youtu.be/KCF9My1vBP4

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    I see the transcript as pretty damning coupled with the fact that trump held up the aid package, the whistleblower concern was supported bu an IG and Congress was not informed timely.

I clearly have a bias against Trump and believe he is the worst person that has ever happened to the country.

It is maddening to see people who I otherwise generally agree with think so differently and dismiss what I see as such a threat to our nation as acceptable presidential conduct.

Oh well. You can find me pounding my fists into the sand in front of the melted, deformed remnants of the Statue of Liberty.
    It's OK. I find it maddening that otherwise reasonable, intelligent people have such a case of Trump Derangement Syndrome they think he's the worst thing that ever happened to this country.

The Transcript isn't damming at all. Hell, it's not even illegal for a President to pressure foreign leaders to do anything from investigating people who may be corrupt to asking them to stand on their head.

But since you think he's already so evil you seem to have seriously thought (and seem to still suspect) he's going to seize control of the nation somehow and declare himself king, I'm sure it's very damning.

And no, I don't get it. We're 3 years in, and not a single prediction about him being the End of Days has even close to come true. How can your camp be so completely inaccurate for such a sustained period of time and still cling to that belief system? It's like continually declaring the world will end next week for 3 years running.

Trump's an ass, but he hasn't drug us into war, broken up NATO, declared martial law, or even broken any actual laws. He hasn't put immigrants into concentration camps, hasn't ignored judicial decisions, nothing.

What single thing has he done to undermine American liberty (given your reference to the statue)? Heck, what law or order has he enacted that even contradicts current US immigration law? he's chosen to enforce the existing law versus ignoring the duly passed laws, and that makes him evil? Seems you may save your outrage for the various Congresses that made up the immigration rules.

Yet he's the worst person ever in the US? Really? Worse than LBJ, who drug us into Vietnam and cost 52,000 American lives and untold foreign lives in a politically limited war? Worse than Boss Tweed and Tammany Hall? Worse than President Harding and the Teapot Dome Scandal? Worse than Bush landing us in a still ongoing war in Afghanistan?

You are frustrated others don't see your perspective, but I am just as frustrated that Trump is constantly described with the grandest of hyperbole without any substantiation behind it other than him being an annoying ass as a person.

He has done nothing that hasn't been proven to be largely commonplace. This Ukraine thing is a great example. He's "damned" for supposedly pressuring a foreign leader supposedly for political gain, but Biden pressuring the same nation and then bragging about it and admitting a quid pro quo while his son was paid $600K a year for nothing was apparently all fine.

Trump questioning corruption with a foreign leader is a crime but Obama secretly sending $4 billion in small bills to Iran in direct contravention of US policy and laws on dealing with terrorists is all within his power as POTUS?

Clearly the level of corruption going on with US and foreign governments is massive. Biden, the Clinton's, all have been paid DIRECTLY by foreign nations. Trump hasn't taken a penny and he's the one we have to worry about?

here's the difference: I judge Trump's conduct in the context of other President's conduct. I don't think those who hate Trump are doing that, so in isolation his actions seem extreme. IN the context of how things really work he's tame.

The US has had Presidents order assassinations, overthrow entire nations and governments, send our young men to war without clear danger to the US, and clearly also privately enrich themselves and their associates with both US and foreign money, and I'm supposed to think this phone call is somehow "over the line"?

In proper context it's not even a footnote. When we discuss how the Russians got ownership of a large part of our uranium reserve and then worked through Canada to ship it abroad, while our leaders were taking money from those same Russians, then we can get serious about "over the line" and "danger to our nation".

If Trump does that I'll be the first to grab a pitchfork, but so far he's not done one thing I see as inherently averse to US interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    And Biden holding up funding until the prosecutor in Ukraine wasn’t fired was OK?

This is what Trump is referring to...watch the clip and listen to Biden’s own words....

https://youtu.be/KCF9My1vBP4
    His son, with no oil/gas experience and no ties to the Ukraine, gets $600K a year to be on the board of a company.

Said company gets investigated by a prosecutor for corruption.

Biden admits in public he threatened to hold up $1 billion in funding if that prosecutor wasn't fired.

He brags that it worked. His son continued to draw huge money for a do-nothing job tied to a corrupt nation.

Nothing happens, not even an eyebrow raised.

Trump questions that behavior with a foreign leader, suggests it should be investigated, and he's the criminal?

I swear I am stuck in some kind of bizarro world. How do I get out of this rabbit hole and back to sanity and away from the Queen of Hearts?

Imagine the outrage if this was Trump and his son. The double standard of politics has become so extreme I don't think we can save the nation, b/c this is pure insanity.

I’m baffled by all the stuff that is in some dems minds. Crazy stuff.....and at times I’m baffled by the right too...but the left is off the chain right now to the point they are alienating the moderates within their own party.
    Last edited by Catonahottinroof; 09-26-2019 at 05:18 AM.

How bad has the hypocrisy gotten?

At a press conference in New York on Wednesday, Trump specifically called attention to a little-discussed CNN report from May, which described how Democratic Sens. Robert Menendez, Dick Durbin, and Patrick Leahy pushed Ukraine’s top prosecutor not to close four investigations perceived as critical to then-Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe -- and, by Democrats' current logic, seemingly implied that their support for U.S. aid to Ukraine was at stake.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whi...-lawmaker-says

So it's OK for Democratic Senators to create a quid pro quo for foreign governments to investigate for political gain at home, but if Trump does it with no quid pro quo he's evil and corrupt and has somehow destroyed the nation.

Personally I'm all for foreign governments doing anything possible to expose corruption by any US official on either side of the aisle. lol.

The Clintons had done quid pro quo for decades in exchange for real cash money while the left overlooked it and the right was too big of a bunch of pussies to go after them for it. So the idea that any democrat would find "do me a favor" as quid pro quo is humorous. There was nothing in the transcript about holding up any funding. And as the head of the executive branch, it is the presidents right and responsibility to look into illegal activities, after all he is in essence head of the justice department. Why would he not look into the illegal activities of Joe Biden, or any other American for that matter? Not much different then when Obama came into office and decided to go after the Bush administration for their enhanced interrogation. But somehow because the illegal activity happened outside of the US, its is off limits? What Biden did was unlawful. It is on public record with him bragging about it. The "gaff king" strikes again. My Sleepy Joe should quit trying to puff himself up as some bad ass. I mean the throwdown of "CORN POP" surely is enough to prove he is a tough guy. "Do me a favor" is nothing more than a commonly used term. There was no implied or actual coercion, no pay to play, no kickback.... nothing except for a tendril for those intent on impeaching the President.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

If the left is so concerned about corruption, as they CLAIM, they should expect and demand that the head of the enforcement of our laws look into what Biden did. But we all know that there is no desire to look into corruption, or the sanctity of our elections. This is about one thing and one thing only. It is about being a pain in Donald Trumps ass and trying to get him out of office by any means possible. They keep with the "Nobody is above the law". Right... because Biden's acts were legal. Because the FISA court activities were legal. Because all the leaks,including the one to how the whistle blower got access to the information are all things the left has zero interest in perusing. It has nothing to do with applications of the laws.

Unforgettable

Here is an article that notes how the Wall Street Journal has treated the Biden issue.

https://www.mediamatters.org/wall-st...en-and-ukraine

Save for #45 I am not sure there is a investigation, allegation or an indictment of a Biden.

Some people who so covered in mud instead of taking a shower and cleaning up sling mud on others and point at how dirty they are.

Few are as good at that as one person.

I don’t usually get into these kind of discussions but here’s my take (and I’m obviously not alone): Trump basically attempted to bribe Ukraine to the tune of $400 million taxpayer dollars. The constitution says a president that commits treason, bribery, or other high crimes shall be impeached and removed from office. Whatever Biden may have done is kind of beside the point. They HAVE to impeach. Period.