Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Supreme Court Justices; The More Conservative They Are; The Less Votes They Got

Confirmation Votes for each current Supreme Court Justice:

Liberal Ginsberg 96

Liberal Breyer 87

Moderate/Liberal Roberts 78

Liberal Sotomayor 68

Liberal Kagan 63

Conservative Alito 58

Conservative Gorsuch 54

Conservative Thomas 52

Conservative Kavanaugh 50

Very telling.

Darryl
    Last edited by Darryl; 09-18-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Re: Supreme Court Justices; The More Conservative They Are; The Less Votes They Got

The succuess of the Bork approach is the blueprint for how to block a nominee. Plus the litmus of abortion as the single issue. A nominees record on following the law means far less than the mere possibility that he or she could vote to overturn Roe v Wade. Nothing else matters.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: Supreme Court Justices; The More Conservative They Are; The Less Votes They Got

My hope is Trump wins and both houses go R..and GinsBurg "retires", then Trump rams thru the most ultraconservative he can, just out of spite to give the liberals the big middle finger for what they did to Kavanaugh. Kavanaugh was likely the best the left could have hoped yet they elected to destroy him using every tactic possible. Comes as no surprise to me though. Just Clarence Thomas redeux, after the successful Bork-job

This thread reminds me of a discussion I was having with a liberal. Trump had just gotten a victory in the SCOTUS on a 5-4 party line vote. Trump was celebrating the victory. This guy came back with the ruling was no surprise since it was black letter law, to which I agreed, yet the liberal justices still voted against it. Leftist judges seldom cross their philosphy regardless of what the law states. Conversely, conservative are more likely, such as Roberts affirming Obamacare
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Republicans depend on Congress to pass new laws; Democrats depend on the Supreme Court for their changes in the law.

Darryl

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Chief Justice Roberts is not a liberal. I am not sure I’d call him a moderate either.

Many would consider Roberts a conservative. Perhaps we should break it down by which party nominated each justice.

Another thing I would like to see is the year in which each justice was confirmed. I say that because it also might show the decline into partisan hatred which keeps little from actually happening.

Outside of Merick Garland from being denied a vote, there is no reason for Gorsuch to not have been a near unanimous vote in terms of qualifications.

Kavanaugh’s behavior during the hearings makes me question his temperament. Of course had I been accused of attempted rape I would be stressed too.

Think it is more than just liberal vs conservative but interesting numbers

Roberts is a right leaning justice but since becoming the chief justice, he has moved to the left of where he was. But he was never a "liberal". IMO he voted for Obamacare simply to dispel the conservative label.

Outside of Merick Garland from being denied a vote, there is no reason for Gorsuch to not have been a near unanimous vote in terms of qualifications.
    disagree. Were it anybody but Trump who nominated him, it would have been less partisan because the democratic party has made it their platform to be "anti-Trump" regardless of what he offers. The payback for Garland had an effect but it was not the main reason. But even if it was, it shows how petty and small the left and democrats are. Kavaugh would never have been questioned or shown to have a bad temperament had it not been for the accusations that he was blindsided with due to Diane Feinstein strategically sitting on until the last minute. Despite him having a stellar and fairly nonpartisan record, they were determined to sink him just like they attempted to do Gorsuch.
    Last edited by Doc; 09-24-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Roberts is definitely a "right leaning" moderate.

Kavanaugh is the 2nd most conservative judge on the court. And that isn't opinion. That is based on his rulings, etc.

Here is a great article showing where the court stands from Fivethirtyeight

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ett-kavanaugh/
    ~Puma~