Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Daughter cracked iPhone screen twice in 5 days

Is this a record?

Phone in case, dropped on ground. IPhone 7 plus screen shatters.

She goes to phone repair shop. They put on new screen. Put on screen protector. Put back inside case. She's happy.

For 5 days. Drops phone again today. It cracks. Not just the screen protector, but the underlying screen.

Will go back tomorrow. I hope this one lasts longer.

Re: Daughter cracked iPhone screen twice in 5 days

Maybe they're committing suicide due to the strain of overuse.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

A few years back when I got my first iPhone, which was an iPhone 5 I was cautioned about the screen and getting some type of protective case.

I got home with my new phone still in the box, never been set up or used. As I got out of the car in the driveway, I reached over to grab several things including the phone box. I picked up the phone in the box and exited the vehicle. As you may know the box is a box over another box type package, as I was carrying it not securing the bottom part of the box that slides out of the top of the box, it did just that. The bottom of the box slipped out, (and this was all in super slow motion), the bottom of the box hit the rear bumper of the car dislodging the phone from its recessed area in the box, where it then tumbled to the concrete driveway screen side down.

Yep, fresh out of the box, not set up, never been used, shattered.... shortly after, I got to experience my first trip to the AppleStore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I have a 7+ and have dropped it twice, no problems so far (knock on wood).

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    A few years back when I got my first iPhone, which was an iPhone 5 I was cautioned about the screen and getting some type of protective case.

I got home with my new phone still in the box, never been set up or used. As I got out of the car in the driveway, I reached over to grab several things including the phone box. I picked up the phone in the box and exited the vehicle. As you may know the box is a box over another box type package, as I was carrying it not securing the bottom part of the box that slides out of the top of the box, it did just that. The bottom of the box slipped out, (and this was all in super slow motion), the bottom of the box hit the rear bumper of the car dislodging the phone from its recessed area in the box, where it then tumbled to the concrete driveway screen side down.

Yep, fresh out of the box, not set up, never been used, shattered.... shortly after, I got to experience my first trip to the AppleStore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol. You "win."

I have an extra six plus that works fine but the screen is shattered. It will almost cut you when you use touch screen.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Apparently, the screen protector didn't crack, but the underlying screen did. I'm sure there's a scientific reason why that happened, but it doesn't seem like it should.

I had one phone for probably 3 years, no issues. ATT was having a BOGO sale and my son wanted a new phone so we got the free one for. THAT DAY, within an hour of getting it home, if slipped into the reclining mechanism of the couch and SNAP...entire back of the phone fractured but not the front. Ended up just buying a case and keeping it in it..of course the warranty was voided due to the cracked case. Worked fine for over a year...until I decided to go swimming with it in my pocket.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.