Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

I am cooking tonight

My wife is out of town helping her parents after her Dad's surgery, so I am cooking tonight for my 27-year old kids who live at home. Neither is home from work, or else one of them would cook.

Anyway, if you hear about fire trucks in Birmingham tonight, you know what it will be. I grill, but I don't cook.

(OK, so I stopped at Costco and got pre-made bell peppers and quinoa salad. I still have to turn the oven on and take it out at the right time. Yes, I can screw that up. I think I'll manage to get the quinoa salad right, though).

Re: I am cooking tonight

Hey, no one else is putting dinner on the table! And stuffed peppers with quinoa salad sounds downright nutritious.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

I am cooking tonight

Should have taken them to Clanton. Much safer for all involved.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

I am cooking tonight

Fry up some bologna and have samaches..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I am cooking tonight

Well, I almost screwed it up. Had to cook it longer than the directions because I didn't put a tight aluminum foil over the package (I did it loose, and didn't quite reach the ends). But it's really pretty idiot proof, and it was quite tasty. I also picked up a chicken enchilada bake that I'm going to cook tomorrow. After that, they're on their own.

Next week I will try the Costco chicken pot pie, which looks delicious... And huge.

Clanton would probably have been a better suggestion. But my daughter gets home from working at the hospital around 7:30 on a good day, takes a shower, and likes to be getting ready for bed between 8:30 and 9.

Man, I haven't had a good fried bologna sandwich in forever. They used to make those at a little cafe place in Hickman, Kentucky where my parents were from. It was called Claude's, and it was a real treat to get one. That brings back some good memories. Mom actually used to work there as a teenager, too.

If no one got taken to the ER and the house isn't on fire I guess that's a win.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    If no one got taken to the ER and the house isn't on fire I guess that's a win.
    Give me time...trying again tonight. That's it for the week, though. If I can manage to get through tonight, I won't push my luck any further.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Well, I almost screwed it up. Had to cook it longer than the directions because I didn't put a tight aluminum foil over the package (I did it loose, and didn't quite reach the ends). But it's really pretty idiot proof, and it was quite tasty. I also picked up a chicken enchilada bake that I'm going to cook tomorrow. After that, they're on their own.

Next week I will try the Costco chicken pot pie, which looks delicious... And huge.

Clanton would probably have been a better suggestion. But my daughter gets home from working at the hospital around 7:30 on a good day, takes a shower, and likes to be getting ready for bed between 8:30 and 9.

Man, I haven't had a good fried bologna sandwich in forever. They used to make those at a little cafe place in Hickman, Kentucky where my parents were from. It was called Claude's, and it was a real treat to get one. That brings back some good memories. Mom actually used to work there as a teenager, too.
    Callie's in Versailles has a Fried Bologna, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich that is to die for. They are just off the bypass, if you are on your way to Kroger Field.
    Real Fan since 1958

The fried balogna breakfast sandwich is the one thing I’ll eat from White Castle.

Rupp's Runt

Keep it simple. Beenie - Weenies is pretty hard to mess up. Or Spaghettios.
    Or just call Poppa John's or Domino's.
    Or go to the closest buffet.
    Or call the Kroger deli.

If that is the joint that backs up to the river real close to the ferry landing, it is not called Claude's anymore and I do not think the fried tube steak is still on the menu, but they do serve a wicked 3 course breakfast.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I am cooking tonight

Dan, sadly, Claude's burned down in the 90's.

It was on the main street, after you passed through downtown, and near the old car dealership that used to be there. I can't remember any names these days. Maybe Washington Street?

I am cooking tonight

Some edited comments from about a decade ago I ran across.

I am cooking tonight

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Callie's in Versailles has a Fried Bologna, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich that is to die for. They are just off the bypass, if you are on your way to Kroger Field.
    I will definitely make that a stop.

Thanks Darrell. Claudes was gone before I ever knew that Hickman was a town. I do not remember the name of that restaurant down near the ferry landing but they served really good simple food.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Is the Parkette Drive In still open in Lexington? Used to love getting a cheeseburger and dumping some slaw on it.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

I am cooking tonight

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Thanks Darrell. Claudes was gone before I ever knew that Hickman was a town. I do not remember the name of that restaurant down near the ferry landing but they served really good simple food.
    Every place I ever ate in Hickman had good food. I would bet the restaurant you are talking about was terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Is the Parkette Drive In still open in Lexington? Used to love getting a cheeseburger and dumping some slaw on it.
    Yes it is. Haven't been there in a while but it's still open.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.