Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Canon EOS Rebel T6i - EOS Rebel G lenses

Just toying around with an idea.

I have an old EOS Rebel G 35 mm film camera that I've had for years. I have a couple of different lenses with it, including one zoom lens. I was wondering if the lenses that fit the Rebel G would fit other more new digital cameras, like the EOS Rebel T6i.

Are they interchangeable, or is this a really stupid question?

Getting the idea that was a really stupid question.

Re: Canon EOS Rebel T6i - EOS Rebel G lenses

Not necessarily. I have someone I can ask for you tomorrow.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Short answer is maybe. I think you will the automatic features.

This may or may not help with your models.

https://www.takebetterphotos.com.au/...LR-lenses.html

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Short answer is maybe. I think you will the automatic features.

This may or may not help with your models.

https://www.takebetterphotos.com.au/...LR-lenses.html

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk
    Thanks--great link.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Not necessarily. I have someone I can ask for you tomorrow.
    Thanks--I think the article linked may have the answers I need. I appreciate the help and the offer.

KentuckyWildcat's linked article is spot on, and what it says is, yes, no, maybe.

Canon

Any Canon "EF" lens made after 1987 will fit any Canon digital SLR, but none of the old “FD” mount lenses made before 1987 will fit. The "EF" lenses have electrical contacts at the back where they join the camera. Take care to keep these contacts clean, or you can get odd behaviour from the camera. Canon also make a series of smaller "EF-S" lenses that are designed just for their digital SLRs, and they fit on the EOS models 100D, 200D, 250D, 300D, 350D, 400D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 700D, 750D, 760D, 800D, 1000D, 1100D, 1200D, 1300D, 2000D, 4000D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 70D, 77D, 80D, 7D and 7DMkII (but not on the older D30, D60 or 10D). Don't put these newer "EF-S" lenses on an old film camera or a 1D series, 5D series or 6D series - if it fits, it will break the camera's mirror.

Canon has two separate mirrorless lens mounts: EOS-M for the smaller, cheaper half-frame mirrorless cameras, and RF for the bigger, better full-frame mirrorless cameras. Any Canon EF DSLR lens will work perfectly with either system with the right Canon adaptor, while the smaller EF-S lenses can only fit EOS-M cameras through the "Mount adaptor EF-EOS M". EF-S lenses can't work on RF cameras. Canon's M and RF lenses are orphans, only fitting on mirrorless cameras with M and RF mounts respectively. If you have an RF mirrorless camera, you can choose the newer RF lenses or older EF lenses with an adaptor. Both lens ranges are excellent.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Well, I discovered I had two cheap Canon "EF" lenses that aren't reviewed well and are cheap as heck to buy used now. Thought I might have something of value to work with so I could just find an older Canon camera and save some cash. Might still do it if I find something that works just for fun, but was disappointed to look up the Canon EF lenses I had and read their reviews.