Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dorian

Dorian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Dorian

Where's Jim?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

He should be on a boat off the Atlantic Coast about now....
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Where's Jim?

Rupp's Runt

The high pressure front moving northwest opened up the way for Hurricane Dorian to stay further out to sea and turn northward.
    I hope it stays like this.
    And I feel for the folks in the Bahamas and the Carolinas.

And I am certainly glad that I will likely not be homeless going into retirement.

And let's all not forget that this storm is still unpredictable and a long way from being over.

Rupp's Runt

I meant northeast, not northwest. Apologies.

Dorian

Now Cat 5, 180 mph. Please stay over water.

We are now wihin cone for 110 mph winds. That I will take
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

suncat looks to be out of the woods. Me, not so much. Predicting 90% chance of hurricane force winds. 4-7 foot storm surge (far less than I expected... and good because I'm about 20 feet above sea level, and about 1/2 mile from the Indian River, which for those unfamiliar with FL geography, the Indian river basically the edge of FL. Just off the coach is the "barrier islands" (for us that is Hutchison and Jupiter). Between the barrier islands and FL proper is the Indian River. And in theory we have 2 segments of land between us and the ocean to block the surge. Hutchenson Island and Sewell's point with is a pennisula as the St Lucie Inlet
    Last edited by Doc; 09-01-2019 at 06:58 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

seeya
    dan

Dorian

Looking more and more like the exact same track that David took in Sept 1979 straight up FL’s entire east coast starting just north of Palm Beach.

Hunker down...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Back on duty at the EOC. Brought enough clothes to get me through about 5 days.
    I think I will likely only be here max 3 days.
    But as slow as this storm is moving, and as unpredictable as it has been, it is really hard to tell how long I will be here.
    Prayers and best wishes for Doc and any of our KSR family in any of the affected areas.

Rupp's Runt

Good news! I will be released at 2 PM today and we're back to regular business tomorrow.

And very, very thankful that what happened in the Bahamas did not happen to us. Because it could have.
    Prayers for those folks there. 🙏

I have been laughi g at the TV coverage. Watching Weather Channel, Fox, etc......it is no womder the media has so little credibility. I am not referring to the build up as this was a powerful storm and had it actually hit FL it would have been devastating, but it didn't yet the media is intent on making it into something it wasn't. I sat and watch Jim Cantore and other on the scene weather experts getting windwhipped on TV yet I was maybe a mile away with my door open, walking my dog down the street. They repeatedly and continually showed the effects in Freeport Bahama while talking FL in an effort to make its impact far greater. We literally had occasional feeder bands lasting maybe 15 min with fairly hard rain and moderate winds (30 mph). That is it yet the perception via TV is something totally different. I hate when the narative directs the story. Just report it accurately, not what you want it to be

Dorian

Thankfully it made the turn early, plus sadly for Freeport, sitting there for a day and half helped to weaken it....

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Wish I had a big black sharpie
    seeya
    dan

Hope all you guys in Alabama came out okay!