Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Tough decision

Rupp's Runt

Tough decision

Just a thought I have always wondered. Tough one for me. Play catch with a loved one at Field of Dreams or be a kid again and play at The Sandlot...

What about you?

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Tough decision

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Just a thought I have always wondered. Tough one for me. Play catch with a loved one at Field of Dreams or be a kid again and play at The Sandlot...

What about you?

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk
    It's a much tougher decision than you think at first glance.

I suspect this will be a minority view, but I would choose being a kid (temporarily). I was hit in the eye with a rock when I was 9 years old and had a trauma-induced cataract and no vision in my left eye from 9 to 26. I played sports with one eye through High School. If I could have my complete wishes, I would like to do it with my full vision.

Re: Tough decision

Assuming both are temporary....easy choice for me. Play catch on field of dreams. Its something I never did with my dad, and regretably never did with my son. Given the chance, I would nab it in a heartbeat
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

One more game of catch with my father.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Loved my neighborhood friends and we had some great times playing sports year-round. Plus it would be great to have a kid's body again and not have the physical issues I've accrued over the years. But if I could play catch with my Dad one more time, it would be beautiful.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

The sandlot would be amazing but no way I could pass up the chance to see my dad again. Now I have to go call my mom lol.

Not tough for me at all.

Was never in love with sports as a kid, but to play catch with my father would be beyond priceless.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I dont mean to hijack the thread in any way but it really ties in to the song I just finished. The last in our project. It is a complete remake of "Time and Again" the second song we attempted, with some new lyrics and other changes.

But this is exactly what the song is about, as at the end I mention talking to my daddy one more time, and seeing my late Son play football on the defensive line again.

For anyone who might want to hear it I'll post it on the Front Porch.

A great thread by the way.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    It's a much tougher decision than you think at first glance.

I suspect this will be a minority view, but I would choose being a kid (temporarily). I was hit in the eye with a rock when I was 9 years old and had a trauma-induced cataract and no vision in my left eye from 9 to 26. I played sports with one eye through High School. If I could have my complete wishes, I would like to do it with my full vision.
    I'm with Darrell but not originally. I find this interesting yet expected. I think I am still one of the younger posters here, recently turned 40. My friends and some younger have said to be a kid again. We all still have our fathers (and mothers).

But my grandpa loved baseball. And it would be nice to play catch with him. We kind of did, but he was never really able to play catch once I was old enough. But still fun yard stuff. It would be fun to do that, especially if like in the movie and he was younger. But at the end of the day, I think he would rather watch me play as a kid again. (took me a moment to type that lol)

I lost my Dad a year ago, and it still hurts. A lot.

I have guilt feelings for not visiting him more, and even talking to him more. I have a file on my desk of stuff I did for him occasionally, and it's still there, almost like he's going to call me and ask me to do something for him. I need to put it away, but I just haven't.

I just don't remember the fond feelings of my Dad and I playing catch. Maybe some basketball, but it wasn't our thing. I didn't want to cheat and just say play Field of Dream with him, as if that's something that would resurrect the fond remembrance, as opposed to just seeing Dad, so I chose the other one, as you did, KentuckyWildcat. I also think my Dad would've loved to have seen me play with my two good eyes as well and frolic with neighborhood kids on the sandlot as much or more than just playing catch with me.

Anyway, I'm not one of the younger posters, but that's why I selected it.