Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: 2019 Hyundai Accent

2019 Hyundai Accent

Little car I rented this weekend to drive 1150 miles (832 of them yesterday).

I was shocked at the MPG I got. Every fill-up was between 41-44 mpg. That was traveling 90% on interstate, at about +10mph PSL when I could, with 2 passengers, and some light luggage.

I checked to see and it was supposed to get 28mpg city, 37-38mpg highway. I think it could've gotten 50mpg with more attentive driving, and less cargo.

Is that common? I don't really check the government ratings, but was curious because I got such good gas mileage this time. I drive a big SUV that gets terrible gas mileage, so I mostly paid for the rental with gas savings this time, not to mention the 1150 miles of wear and tear on their car.

Anyway, was just curious. Do they underestimate the mpg these days? I was sort of thinking maybe I would get good gas mileage going to my destination, but it would reverse going back, but it didn't.

Re: 2019 Hyundai Accent

I drive a 2015 Subaru Forester which is supposed to get a combined 25 mpg. I'm always somewhere around 27-28 and I'm far from an efficient driver. So about a 10% difference for me.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: 2019 Hyundai Accent

I went from driving an Audi A3 diesel hatchback that got 44 mpg on the highway with amazing torque to a Nissan Juke (decided to go cheap for a couple of years) after Audi had to buy it back. No car payment now but the thing is supposed to get 25-28 mpg and I don’t think I’ve ever gotten more than about 23. My wife says I have a lead foot but I’m the same guy that was driving the Audi.
    changing my signature to change our luck.