Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Equifax claim

Re: Equifax claim

Yes, I input my info and my data was part of the breach, so I've got either free credit monitoring or $125 coming to me, assuming the judge approves the settlement.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Mine wasn’t breached, the wife’s was, so we have one claim to file.

Equifax claim

Have four in my family impacted, all filed tonight. Thanks!

Equifax claim

So, what happens when the breach/settlement site gets hacked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

My daughter and son in law checked last night on my advice and they were eligible also.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

The webtool says they did not give any info of mine away which is good to know as I did not engage them for any services to begin with.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    The webtool says they did not give any info of mine away which is good to know as I did not engage them for any services to begin with.
    You don’t have to engage them for services, they have everyone’s info as one of the major credit reporting services.

My youngest daughter, who was 18 at the time, had her info breached.

Thank you, I learn something every day
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

So it looks like the fix is in and the $125 was BS. There's not enough money in the settlement fund to pay everybody. From the Federal Trade Commission website:

5. I thought I could choose $125 instead of free credit monitoring. What happened?
    The public response to the settlement has been overwhelming. Millions of people have visited this site in just the first week. Because the total amount available for these alternative payments is $31 million, each person who takes the money option is going to get a very small amount. Nowhere near the $125 they could have gotten if there hadn’t been such an enormous number of claims filed.

The free credit monitoring provides a much better value, and everyone whose information was exposed can take advantage of it. If your information was exposed in the data breach, and you file a valid claim before the deadline, you are guaranteed at least four years of free monitoring at all three credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion) and $1,000,000 of identity theft insurance, among other benefits. The market value of this product is hundreds of dollars per year.

You can still choose the cash option on the claim form, but you will be disappointed with the amount you receive and you won’t get the free credit monitoring.
    https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/case...ach-settlement

Seems instead of telling consumers they don't get the deal that was promised, the FTC should be making sure consumers get it. But that would require them to actually break a sweat.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    So it looks like the fix is in and the $125 was BS. There's not enough money in the settlement fund to pay everybody. From the Federal Trade Commission website:

https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/case...ach-settlement

Seems instead of telling consumers they don't get the deal that was promised, the FTC should be making sure consumers get it. But that would require them to actually break a sweat.
    You are right, everyone who had their info breached should get the $125 if they opt for it.