Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: KY voters opinions pon Amy McGrath

I do not know enough about Representative Crenshaw to form a solid opinion of him, but right now I would contribute to a campaign to get him to leave Texas and move to KY to run against Mitch.

The Squad does not offer solutions
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I do not know enough about Representative Crenshaw to form a solid opinion of him, but right now I would contribute to a campaign to get him to leave Texas and move to KY to run against Mitch.

The Squad does not offer solutions
    I really like Crenshaw, he stands up to the left and for America.

AOC claimed in April that Crenshaw hadn’t done anything for 9-11 victims. AOC looked really stupid for her comments about Crenshaw.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc...omestic-terror

Thanks for the link. I missed that bit of news when it was first reported. He showed good sense by not responding to her ignorant SoMed comment
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I really like Crenshaw, he stands up to the left and for America.

AOC claimed in April that Crenshaw hadn’t done anything for 9-11 victims. AOC looked really stupid for her comments about Crenshaw.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc...omestic-terror
    AOC looks stupid regardless of her comments.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    AOC looks stupid regardless of her comments.
    That is absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    AOC is stupid regardless of her comments.
    fixed it for you.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Aside from the merits of either candidate, I don't see a scenario where McGrath beats McConnell. Kentucky is an ever-redder state and with Kentuckians crazy about Trump and 2020 being a Presidential election year, Trump's coattails are also going to help.

If I were McGrath I'd be sitting this one out. I'm not sure what she gets out of this, other than being a 2-time loser for federal office. If she truly has political aspirations it will not be a good look.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Aside from the merits of either candidate, I don't see a scenario where McGrath beats McConnell. Kentucky is an ever-redder state and with Kentuckians crazy about Trump and 2020 being a Presidential election year, Trump's coattails are also going to help.

If I were McGrath I'd be sitting this one out. I'm not sure what she gets out of this, other than being a 2-time loser for federal office. If she truly has political aspirations it will not be a good look.
    The others, including Matt Jones, should heed this same advice. Presidential election year with a President that won here by 25 points?

It's very possible this is his last term, then there's an open seat race.

Personally I hope they all throw in and all lose badly, but strategically this is a tough race to enter against Mitch, esp. as a liberal.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

One can only hope he is ousted. Too many Kentuckians just vote for the name they recognize.
    Put a man on TV as much as Mitch is and he becomes their favorite actor. Like he is actually giving Kentucky a voice or something..which he is to our embarrassment.

Even strong military service and/or the unfair avoidance of it matters little in KY. or nationally for that matter.
    Only lauded when it suits people, and of downgraded importance when it don't.

Make no mistake, he is and has been the status quo. What a shame.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-27-2019 at 10:27 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    One can only hope he is ousted. Too many Kentuckians just vote for the name they recognize.
    Put a man on TV as much as Mitch is and he becomes their favorite actor. Like he is actually giving Kentucky a voice or something..which he is to our embarrassment.

Even strong military service and/or the unfair avoidance of it matters little in KY. or nationally for that matter.
    Only lauded when it suits people, and of downgraded importance when it don't.

Make no mistake, he is and has been the status quo. What a shame.
    Mitch does a lot more for the state than a freshman senator could ever do.

He’s been there 2-3 terms too long IMO. However, a pandering democrat will fall flat against the electorate IMO. She became exactly that while lecturing to a west coast group.
    So the choice is bad either way IMO. Bad in what you have, or bad in one that will say/do anything to get elected.

Mitch does a lot more for the state than a freshman senator could ever do.
    Those of you who live east of I-75 are probably unaware of this but he figured out a way to save KY millions in road fund payouts over the next 25-50 years. 70 miles of state maintained Green River/Natcher parkway is now federal hwy 165, the 80 miles of the state maintained Pennyrille/Brethitt parkway along with about 40 miles of the state maintained Western KY Parkway is now I-69. I am assuming that KY will no longer be responsible for maintenance of those roads. That is a huge chunk of change over the long haul.

I know Kentuckians paid for building the miles of roads by paying tolls to retire the bonds, ancd now we are giving the roads to the feds does not sound like a great deal, but I am happy to not have to pay $2,000,000 .00 per mile of road every 4-5 years to repave them, mow them, and salt them in the winter.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Those of you who live east of I-75 are probably unaware of this but he figured out a way to save KY millions in road fund payouts over the next 25-50 years. 70 miles of state maintained Green River/Natcher parkway is now federal hwy 165, the 80 miles of the state maintained Pennyrille/Brethitt parkway along with about 40 miles of the state maintained Western KY Parkway is now I-69. I am assuming that KY will no longer be responsible for maintenance of those roads. That is a huge chunk of change over the long haul.

I know Kentuckians paid for building the miles of roads by paying tolls to retire the bonds, ancd now we are giving the roads to the feds does not sound like a great deal, but I am happy to not have to pay $2,000,000 .00 per mile of road every 4-5 years to repave them, mow them, and salt them in the winter.
    That is a huge savings. We also get a lot of money coming into the state on transportation grants we might not otherwise get.

That is a huge savings. We also get a lot of money coming into the state on transportation grants we might not otherwise get.
    From an economic perspective, it always pays in terms of funding to have senior Senators from your state. Having the Majority Leader from your state is a benefit to Kentucky, and that's true regardless of party.

I get it may not be reason to vote for them for people, but it is a benefit.

Mitch is stale and a deep insider, but a stale insider who DECIDES policy from Kentucky versus a fresh insider who has to vote the party line to keep her funding promises and gets little if any voice in policy for 10+ years isn't exactly a step up.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

These protesters outside Mitch's home shouting death threats, and Twitter allowing things like #AssasinateMitch to even exist, are going to do a lot to get out conservative voters in this state.

It's a long way from the election but those things are going to backfire.