Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Florida - Atlantic Side

Rupp's Runt

Florida - Atlantic Side

Clearest water on the Atlantic side? South of Daytona and about 2 hours or so from Orlando.

Going back to Disney in November and maybe in February. Might knock a beach off of our bucket list one day. Could end up going to Clearwater for a day, but would rather do the east coast for a day.

Re: Florida - Atlantic Side

To me the Atlantic side gets clearer the further south you go.

Cocoa beach closest to Orlando. I've seen rave reviews and grave reviews in the past. Great eating though.

I think New Smyrna is nice. Never been to Melbourne but some say it's a great laid back back beach. I love Ormand beach and the surrounding area myself.

Vero is a little more South but another good choice.

I really like South Daytona for that area. Lots of beach history and it has really made a comeback (I like places that try hard).

These people are nice and it is an fairly historic beach establishment..Older but nice.
    https://www.perrysoceanedge.com/
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-07-2019 at 12:18 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Rupp's Runt

Florida - Atlantic Side

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    To me the Atlantic side gets clearer the further south you go.
    I was guessing that. Never been south of Daytona on the Atlantic side. I plan on doing Miami/Keys eventually but would like to see some areas in between on some of our Disney trips. I'm sure we will be going to Disney several times the next 10-15 years.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Rupp's Runt

Florida - Atlantic Side

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Cocoa beach closest to Orlando. I've seen rave reviews and grave reviews in the past. Great eating though.

I think New Smyrna is nice. Never been to Melbourne but some say it's a great laid back back beach. I love Ormand beach and the surrounding area myself.

Vero is a little more South but another good choice.

I really like South Daytona for that area. Lots of beach history and it has really made a comeback (I like places that try hard).

These people are nice and it is an fairly historic beach establishment..Older but nice.
    https://www.perrysoceanedge.com/
    Was planning on Cocoa. But a coworker went and didn't care for it. And we have similar interest.

Ormand and South Daytona are nice. Went there in February. Was sad to see the current conditions of the Daytona area that I grew up going to.

Melbourne or Vero might be places to look at. Seems like my wife might know some one that snow birds in Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Was planning on Cocoa. But a coworker went and didn't care for it. And we have similar interest.

Ormand and South Daytona are nice. Went there in February. Was sad to see the current conditions of the Daytona area that I grew up going to.

Melbourne or Vero might be places to look at. Seems like my wife might know some one that snow birds in Melbourne.

Ive heard good things about Melbourne, except one review about there being rocks just out from the beach line. I suspicion that was just an off the wall comment.
    The cozy Indialantic beach has a good food truck on the sand
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-07-2019 at 01:44 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Doc is a great resource of info on the atlantic side of Fl south of the mouse house.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Cocoa is probably the best near Orlando. I am in Stuart and we get lots of variability due to Lake Okeechobee run off which is down the ST Lucie river and thru Stuart. Sebastain inlet is very.nice as well but it more nature preserve than classic beach
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.