Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Propel Zero

Propel Zero

My latest fad.

I really enjoy the drink, but nowhere near full strength. I finally came upon something that really works for me and checks all the right boxes. Your mileage may vary, but I thought I would share.

I use the Propel zero powder mix. They are designed to open and pour into a standard 16.9 Oz water bottle, you shake it up, and you have the drink. They are dirt cheap, less than two bucks for a pack of 10, and they mix extremely well and easily.

I get a standard Gatorade or Powerade squeeze bottle, which I think is 32 oz, fill it with water, and dump the powder in. Shake it a few times, and I have my drink, poured over ice, and sometimes cut it just a little more with water. To me, it is flavored water if it is anywhere around a third to one half of the normal strength, and it tastes great. I sweat a tremendous amount when I run or even mow the grass or do moderate exercise. I mean, after my run yesterday my shirt and pants were heavy with sweat. So I think it probably helps a little bit in having the Propel zero electrolytes, although I have been told that water is really probably the best thing anyway. This is a happy compromise for me, tastes great, is easy to do, and it's cheap. Like I said, it checks all my boxes.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 06-23-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Rupp's Runt

Re: Propel Zero

My wife my like the bigger bottle idea. Never thought about that for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    My latest fad.

I really enjoy the drink, but nowhere near full strength. I finally came upon something that really works for me and checks all the right boxes. Your mileage may vary, but I thought I would share.

I use the Propel zero powder mix. They are designed to open and pour into a standard 16.9 Oz water bottle, you shake it up, and you have the drink. They are dirt cheap, less than two bucks for a pack of 10, and they mix extremely well and easily.

I get a standard Gatorade or Powerade squeeze bottle, which I think is 32 oz, fill it with water, and dump the powder in. Shake it a few times, and I have my drink, poured over ice, and sometimes cut it just a little more with water. To me, it is flavored water if it is anywhere around a third to one half of the normal strength, and it tastes great. I sweat a tremendous amount when I run or even mow the grass or do moderate exercise. I mean, after my run yesterday my shirt and pants were heavy with sweat. So I think it probably helps a little bit in having the Propel zero electrolytes, although I have been told that water is really probably the best thing anyway. This is a happy compromise for me, tastes great, is easy to do, and it's cheap. Like I said, it checks all my boxes.
    Which Propel flavors do u like best Darrell? I prefer the grape but I like the strawberry kiwi as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    Which Propel flavors do u like best Darrell? I prefer the grape but I like the strawberry kiwi as well.
    1. Grape
    2. Strawberry kiwi
    3. Berry

I like all of those, almost equally, but push comes to shove, in that order. My wife also picked up a box of the raspberry lemonade but I don't think I'm going to like that very much.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    My wife my like the bigger bottle idea. Never thought about that for her.
    Another suggestion that I did yesterday when I didn't have my Powerade squeeze bottle handy is just to pick up a 33.8 oz water bottle. That way you can just dump the powder in that bottle, shake it a few times, (but it mixes very easily, really just takes a couple of gentle shakes) and then drink it straight from the bottle if you want.

I found a water bottle at the grocery store yesterday that had a super large top, rather than the small screw-top. With my left thumb in a splint, I find it harder to unscrew some bottles because I can't grip with one hand and unscrew with the other. This one was very easy to use. It also had a secondary benefit of having a larger mouth, which I prefer. I'll come back later and edit this post with the name of the water bottle. It had some of the mumbo-jumbo phony baloney special pH balance or whatever, so it was about a $1.50, rather than a dollar, but it made a very nice shaker bottle.

Propel Zero

I found a water bottle at the grocery store yesterday that had a super large top, rather than the small screw-top. With my left thumb in a splint, I find it harder to unscrew some bottles because I can't grip with one hand and unscrew with the other. This one was very easy to use. It also had a secondary benefit of having a larger mouth, which I prefer. I'll come back later and edit this post with the name of the water bottle. It had some of the mumbo-jumbo phony baloney special pH balance or whatever, so it was about a $1.50, rather than a dollar, but it made a very nice shaker bottle.
    Here it is.IMG_20190624_104609__01.jpg

I got one of those a few weeks ago at Kroger, using my free Friday coupon.

I use powder drink mixes in my water, never drink pop, and during the school year I will reuse the water bottles several times. The school water fountains provide nice cold water.

Propel Zero

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I got one of those a few weeks ago at Kroger, using my free Friday coupon.

I use powder drink mixes in my water, never drink pop, and during the school year I will reuse the water bottles several times. The school water fountains provide nice cold water.
    It's a really good bottle to mix. I will use it several times before I dispose of it, too.