Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

The Supreme Court, citizenship and the census – What’s really at stake

I think the article found at the link is on point.

Determining fair and equitable representation in Washington
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: The Supreme Court, citizenship and the census – What’s really at stake

And when this was written, the delegates from New York and Pennsylvania (the 2 states with by far the largest amount of non-citizen aliens) agreed to the provision, really without debate.

I don’t think non-citizens should be counted toward congressional and electoral representation.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I don’t think non-citizens should be counted toward congressional and electoral representation.
    It's insane to suggest they should. If you count them towards representation but they can't vote, then voters in that area get a weight given to their votes that is higher than intended by the Constitution, and it reverses the electoral system set up to protect against tyranny of the majority.

The Founders put in the current system due to strong fears of dominance of one group over another. It was very close to them, as in 1778 Carlisle offered representation in Parliament as part of a peace agreement but it was rejected as they knew having a few votes in that body would be meaningless and England would impose whatever it wanted over their objections. They understood the risk of democracy becoming tyranny of the majority all too well.

but if we count a bunch of people in a state and give that state more representation, but WITHOUT those people voting, you've just skewed that balance back to the majority being in charge, negating the whole point of the state based Electoral system.

Of course you could give them all the vote, but now you've just blown up our entire legal system by giving the power of the vote to people who simultaneously are not even citizens. That's likewise insane.

If the Left can get the votes to just make all those people citizens then fine, but they can't, so they're trying to end run and make them virtual citizens and get the power concentrated where they want politically without being able to legally change the nature of citizenship.

It's nothing more than an unconstitutional voiding of the power of Congress, by ignoring the laws of citizenship and immigration it has passed.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.