Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Good move...no "rainbow flags" over the embassy

Pence confirms Trump administration denied US embassy requests to fly Pride flag

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pen...ssy-pride-flag

Personally I don't care one way or the other on peoples sexual orientation as its none of my business, but I do care what flags fly over our embassies. Give an inch, take a mile. Next its Black Lives Matter, or the Star of David, or the Stars and Bars. I can make an arguement that some find "Gay Pride" as offensive, as offensive to them as the confederate flag is to African Americans. No need to open a can of worms. Embassies should fly official government flags, not political ideaological ones
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: Good move...no "rainbow flags" over the embassy

Yep. US embassies fly the American flag, period. No others, for any reason, I presume unless the President is visiting I guess they could fly the Presidential Seal flag. As you said, that's a can of worms.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I dont believe the huge majority of Americans would disagree

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    A vote for the other side

Rep. Ilhan Omar slams 'bigoted' Trump administration for barring pride flag from foreign embassies
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

It's not about being gay or not.

I'm straight, but I have a TON of gay friends. They are friends, clients, you name it. I don't think a thing about it, and never have. Some of them are very dear to me. I vacation in Key West, go to drag shows, none of it bothers me a bit.

But the embassy policy simply needs to be non-political. No pro left, no pro-right, just keep it out of our representation abroad.

That's the issue. It's not about whether X or Y is right, it's about how the US embassies need to just stay out of it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

A state flag can fly beside old Glory, but neither a pride flag nor a rebel flag warrants such an honor, imo.
    Even a Christian denomination flag is misplaced beside our nation's flag which I have seen done before..yet for different reasons. My freedom to be a Christian depends on it, because a Christian's worst enemies claim to be Christians themselves.
    Catholic, Protestant and their/our many doctrines, Trinitarians, Adventists, Holiness, etc..usually stand directly opposed to each other and would impose their belief on every American if possible. Not at all unlike the Muslim world...just less entrenched in our dislike and mistrust.. (Just give us a couple thousand years to stew over it)

The flag represents my right to that opinion and prefers no opinion over mine.

Those flags stand opposed to that.

And that has nothing to do with my opinion for or against rebels, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, or what have you.

It's not a flag flown on some moral high ground, but a flag representing a nation that serves each individual's interests to the best of its ability, and testifies of every sacrifice to maintain that worthy cause.

And not all sacrifice is on the battlefield.
    We each must sacrifice our ideology, individual taste, and personal causes to accommodate those of our fellow citizens....or we fail and fall.

They taught us that in the first grade.
    Last edited by kingcat; 06-11-2019 at 11:35 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Trump could cure cancer and she would be against it.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Imo, both sides are wrong. This should be no issue either way and not deserving of a public statement from our VP., any member of Congress, or major headline.

The US flag itself should stand for every oppressed group or individual and their inalienable rights.
    The former POTUS was mistaken to allow it.
    Last edited by kingcat; 06-12-2019 at 11:03 AM.

Agree completely!
    Imo, both sides are wrong. This should be no issue either way and not deserving of a public statement from our VP., any member of Congress, or major headline.

The US flag itself should stand for every oppressed group or individual and their inalienable rights.
    The former POTUS was mistaken to allow it.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

One flag. One Nation. Plenty of ways to respect the rights of others besides that.