Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Dr John RIP

Dr John RIP

Man! This snuck up on me, I just saw it this morning in the CBS Sunday Morning show...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/passage...ering-dr-john/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Dr John RIP

Im with ya' Boss..

So "The Doctor" checked out on us. To a musician as old as I am this is a major blow to the gut. Don't let the lack of major hit songs fool you...he was as big and influential as they come.

And I would strongly suggest everyone follow this prescription..

Save this video and give it a listen once a week or so, and call me if it doesn't evoke great memories of the golden days of rock and roll. And of a man who stayed true to his home, his people, and his music rather than chase fame. To me Doctor John will always be in.

And now..a treat for you. In all his splendor..Malcolm John Rebennack aka Dr. John..

A lot of the magic was in his fingers as you can hear..
    Last edited by kingcat; 06-09-2019 at 01:13 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

So great. I submit he was the greatest blues pianist there was.
    Another version of such a night, but heavy on the piano intro and ending. You dont have to listen to much to understand how great of a blues man he was.

Do this legend an honor and listen to him play one more time..
    Last edited by kingcat; 06-10-2019 at 11:45 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain