Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Oberlin College gets slapped to the tune of $11M for supporting SJW...

Re: Oberlin College gets slapped to the tune of $11M for supporting SJW...

Awesome
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Just in case the Wash times has you locked out

http://www.chroniclet.com/Local-News...n-awarded.html
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Crazy story. Kid tries to use fake ID and shoplifts; kid runs and is protected by two women who beat the proprietor of the bakery.

And the college protests the bakery. Talk about backing the wrong horse.

Horrible decision by the college. Needed to pay more.

Even by college standards Oberlin is stunningly left wing, so it's really not surprising. The obsession with identity and finding repression everywhere has their judgement completely missing.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

The verdict could tripled as well..punitive damage hearing is coming up.

Get woke, go broke...
    Last edited by Catonahottinroof; 06-10-2019 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Even by college standards Oberlin is stunningly left wing, so it's really not surprising. The obsession with identity and finding repression everywhere has their judgement completely missing.
    named after Keith Oberlin????
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Dollar amount of the fine now up to a cool 44 million

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oberlin-c...racism-dispute
    seeya
    dan

I tried briefly to find out what Oberlin did that got them in trouble with the jury as an institution. Sounds like the administration was a fairly integral part of the protests, providing food and drink, giving class credit for attending (per a Salon article), making claims of racism against the store from official online accounts, the President attending protests, etc. and so on.

And there were emails and texts from administrators outright urging to hurt the store, etc. Of course a lot of the acts were by students, and Oberlin argued they can't be responsible for acts of individual administrators or students, which has some merit.

But the jury seemed to see a broad university effort to support these protests and call the store and owners racists before any facts were in.

In fact in a review of Gibson's bakery they had 40 reported cases of shoplifting over a couple of year period, but only 6 of those accused were African American. Sounds like they just have a lot problems with college kids trying to steal stuff. The case at hand was alcohol being stolen by an underage student, and they pled guilty and agreed the pursuit by the Gibson's employee wasn't racially motivated.

but all of that happened way after all the protests and accusations. Oberlin's mistake was not calling for patience and waiting for the police and investigators to do their job first, then take action.

https://www.salon.com/2019/06/14/eve...-local-bakery/
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

And Oberlin admins are unabashed. Which is why they got tripled on the punitive side. Their frantic rush over the edge of the cliff of imaginary far left activism cost them $11 million, now $33 million because they're so arrogant about it. This is what I talk about frequently, what I encountered, heard from a regent the other day. Universities don't care what the facts are. Universities don't care about constitutional rights of individuals. Universities want to be social justice warriors.

I’ve read the endowment at this school is approaching $900M so this isn’t a death strike on the school. It does however force them to take notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    lol, that sums it up pretty dang well.

seeya
    dan

It's funny. When I was looking at colleges I had an advisor that listed oberlin as one to look at. I researched the school, saw they were so liberal they consider George McGovern a sellout, and said no thanks.

Imagine me on that campus? When I was that age I wasn't the sweet, laid back, politically neutral guy I am today.

It took them long enough to settle the case

Oberlin College owes Gibson's bakery $36M in defamation case, so why won't it also say 'sorry'?
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 09-28-2022 at 06:36 PM.
    seeya
    dan