Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Those supporting "Get Trump" should read this piece

It's by Alan Dershowitz, a life long liberal and one of the great legal civil rights minds of our era.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/alan...e-constitution

I have disagreed with him many times over the years, but because he is ethical and moral and intellectually honest (and never ever a hypocrite), I have the deepest respect for him. That's what we used to have, b/c people disagreed but were honest. Now they're all just partisan hacks and spin-doctors, so you can't have respect.

Anyway, he very succinctly makes the case for how the current impeachment movement and investigations are not the defense of Democracy, but are in fact deep abrogations of the Constitution and the constitutional role they play in the system.

Impeachment was never supposed to be a weapon to give Congress political power over the Executive, and in fact as Dershowitz points out the issues of impeachment were well discussed and Congress was given a somewhat narrow power to remove a President for the very fact that the Founders, coming from the debacle that was the Articles of Confederation, wanted a stronger Executive that was on par with Congress, not its servant.

Now we see a judiciary and a Congress quite completely out of control due to the very false hysteria of Trump. The ends now justify the means for so many because they are convinced, despite any actual objective evidence whatsoever, that Trump is evil or a traitor or just ugly and rude, and he must be stopped at all costs.

Trump isn't going to become dictator or destroy this democracy, but those who have lost all perspective in opposing him are sure making a good try at accomplishing that goal.

Listen to Dershowitz. He's a lifelong liberal and Democrat, and an honest man. Civil liberties and Constitutional protections are being eroded in the eera of Trump, but not by Trump so much as by those who are blinded in their hatred and fear of him. It doesn't mean Trump is a good guy, or even an OK one, but as Dershowitz said, no one is above the law, but no one is below it either, and that includes Trump.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Those supporting "Get Trump" should read this piece

The left needs to realize they are setting a trap for themselves to insure his re-election. He will have to do nothing more than point to what this particular congress has accomplished...and that will be a big goose egg.

Impeach Trump!! For what? He is an ass? Because we don't like him? Because he must have done something illegal...we just can't find it? Mueller investigated the hell out of him...and at no point was his investigation hindered. It is a farce, a ruse that the democrats cant let go of.
    Last edited by Doc; 05-23-2019 at 08:04 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Agree with both of you guys.

First, IMO Trump wants them to do this. it's great play for him, he loves playing to a foil.

But second, and more important, you can't impeach a sitting President b/c you don't like him or he's an ass.

Justice and the rule of law ends when you go from investigating crimes to investigating people you don't like and looking for a crime. And in this case we just had a two year rectal exam of an investigation, but the answer cannot be that there's not a case, b/c they believe there is a case the same way people have faith in a religion.

Trump isn't the threat to the rule of law. The response to him is the threat. Not only the actions of Dems but also the GOP response that will inevitably come.

And fwiw the GOP has their share in this fault too, for impeaching Clinton. That was also an abuse of the powers, though they at least had actual perjury, but that's not enough to impeach a President IMO when the lie was about sex with even an employee. It raised the stakes, and now we've gone from near the county line to completely off the reservation.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.