Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: A ? for CBBN -or- any of our other gun guys here

Rupp's Runt

A ? for CBBN -or- any of our other gun guys here

What do you or any of our other gun guys here know about Anderson Manufacturing/Firearms Company, located in Hebron, Kentucky?
    I am considering possibly making a purchase from them.
    I am very curious about the RF85 treatment that they use on their firearms. Does anyone here know anything, good, bad, or indifferent that can help me make a more informed decision?
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
    MOLON LABE!

Re: A ? for CBBN -or- any of our other gun guys here

They are a big time AR manufacturer. I’ve not had any experience with the RF85 system that allows for the AR not to be lubed.

Sorry, didn't see this. I don't have any real experience with them. I know ARs OK as a platform but I don't get many so I don't know much about the various makers and parts and which are best.

I know the SKS really well and some of other soviet stuff b/c I dealt in a lot of that at one time, but I never did much with ARs. Not much margin in them to be honest, their prices are really consistent nation wide.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Thanks to both of you for your responses.

Okay, I am an old Army guy and long-time LEO, so I have lots of experience with this weapons platform.
    It has been my experience from Day 1 that you have to keep this weapon lubed up with copious amounts of whatever you like to use with it. So the claims of never needing to lube this weapon AND that all it needs for cleaning is soap & water seem a bit incredulous. That said, and after all of these years of this platform being available and plentiful, it does seem like it is time for an innovation like this to come around. I am not opposed to an innovation like this, as long as it works.
    I spoke with my FFL guy, he is also a distributor, and he quoted me a price that about made me fall out of my chair because it was more than reasonable. So I am seriously considering making this purchase. And if I do buy one, I intend to give it a real torture test.
    Again guys, thanks for your responses. I appreciate you both! 👍

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Thanks to both of you for your responses.

Okay, I am an old Army guy and long-time LEO, so I have lots of experience with this weapons platform.
    It has been my experience from Day 1 that you have to keep this weapon lubed up with copious amounts of whatever you like to use with it. So the claims of never needing to lube this weapon AND that all it needs for cleaning is soap & water seem a bit incredulous. That said, and after all of these years of this platform being available and plentiful, it does seem like it is time for an innovation like this to come around. I am not opposed to an innovation like this, as long as it works.
    I spoke with my FFL guy, he is also a distributor, and he quoted me a price that about made me fall out of my chair because it was more than reasonable. So I am seriously considering making this purchase. And if I do buy one, I intend to give it a real torture test.
    Again guys, thanks for your responses. I appreciate you both! ��
    If you pull the trigger, pun intended, let us know what you think. The Anderson ARs are among the best sellers among the companies building and selling the AR platform.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    If you pull the trigger, pun intended, let us know what you think. The Anderson ARs are among the best sellers among the companies building and selling the AR platform.
    I will let you know.