Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Doris Day died today.

Doris Day died today.

I'd forgotten her. RIP

She was 97.
    Last edited by badrose; 05-13-2019 at 10:23 PM.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: Doris day died today.

Wow long life!

Doris day died today.

I actually figured she died a long time ago. May she rest in peace.

The All American girl. I enjoyed her movie personalities a lot.

Thank you Doris!

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

yep..so unexpected
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Doris Day died today.

What did she die of?

(Please forgive me...)

Re: Doris Day died today.

Pneumonia

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Growing up I knew her from movies and TV, but I was listening to the Dean Martin station on Pandora (don't @ me) a while back and heard her singing with one of the 40s big bands. I didn't know about that part of her career--and she had a wonderful voice. RIP.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

que sara sara
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I'm sure I've seen other films of hers, but Pillow Talk is the only one that comes to mind. With Rock Hudson I think. Barely remember it, used to watch a lot of old movies just to have something on.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    What did she die of?

(Please forgive me...)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Pneumonia
    Thanks.

It was actually my (very) weak attempt at a bad joke that Larry, the Cable Guy used to tell. "My aunt died, she was 103. What did she die of? Motorcycle accident?" (That's not the joke, but some parts of the punch line, IIRC.)

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Thanks.

It was actually my (very) weak attempt at a bad joke that Larry, the Cable Guy used to tell. "My aunt died, she was 103. What did she die of? Motorcycle accident?" (That's not the joke, but some parts of the punch line, IIRC.)
    Really I thought maybe you were joking but I wasn't completely sure, so I answered since it hadn't been mentioned.
    Our old sound man's grandfather was about to pass at 95 and he told us the doctor slapped the pack of smokes in his pocket and said, "that's what is killing your grand dad". he replied "Gee Doc, dont you think being 95 might be it?".