Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Should I join the Athletic? Respect Kyle Tucker’s talent but can’t stand his poli

Also, read more than Tucker's stuff. It's worth it. And Bakert! Internet sports reporting, compared to the old daze of the Cats Pause arriving two weeks late third class mail, really is the chicken biscuit. It's a bucket!

Should I join the Athletic? Respect Kyle Tucker’s talent but can’t stand his politics

Tucker's political tweets aren't worth reading. Glad he writes other things but tweets like this is why I will never follow him. I have to keep my eyes from rolling back in my head. Jones made several of the same ilk.Screenshot_20190504-223313_Twitter.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter @krcrider

Re: Should I join the Athletic? Respect Kyle Tucker’s talent but can’t stand his poli

It's not a question of "not learning" or "not listening" to the other side. that's a strawman in this discussion.

First, b/c we're not talking about things of substance. Tucker doesn't tweet detailed policy analysis of current issues, or discuss economics. It's just tripe, and tripe from either side (and both do it so very well) is just noise. You won't be educated by it.

Second, what many are tired of is NOT disagreeing or discussing, it's being lectured, ridiculed, looked down on, etc. And yes that's on both sides too (see catsroar's post).

Politics has never been anything but divisive and ugly, and we're at a high water mark right now in it. what people want is not to avoid hearing other opinions, it's to avoid politics altogether and step away from it.

That's why when it gets injected into sports, or movies, or entertainment etc., the things we go to to get away from it, it becomes such an issue. I don't want to hear even those I agree with in that world. Sure it's less annoying than hearing stuff I think is either wrong or just lecturing, but I really don't want any of it.

It's sound advice to ignore it, but it's like leaving a bar with loud music to end up in another bar with loud music. Hard to ignore when you just want to avoid it altogether for a while.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    It's not a question of "not learning" or "not listening" to the other side. that's a strawman in this discussion.

First, b/c we're not talking about things of substance. Tucker doesn't tweet detailed policy analysis of current issues, or discuss economics. It's just tripe, and tripe from either side (and both do it so very well) is just noise. You won't be educated by it.

Second, what many are tired of is NOT disagreeing or discussing, it's being lectured, ridiculed, looked down on, etc. And yes that's on both sides too (see catsroar's post).

Politics has never been anything but divisive and ugly, and we're at a high water mark right now in it. what people want is not to avoid hearing other opinions, it's to avoid politics altogether and step away from it.

That's why when it gets injected into sports, or movies, or entertainment etc., the things we go to to get away from it, it becomes such an issue. I don't want to hear even those I agree with in that world. Sure it's less annoying than hearing stuff I think is either wrong or just lecturing, but I really don't want any of it.

It's sound advice to ignore it, but it's like leaving a bar with loud music to end up in another bar with loud music. Hard to ignore when you just want to avoid it altogether for a while.
    Amen
    Follow me on Twitter @krcrider