Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Hello, “Easter Worshippers”

May the Bunny bring you many chocolate eggs?

Before you get too fired up, note that President Obama and Hillary Clinton referred to those killed in churches as “ easter worshippers”,; a term, vaguely pagan, they used to refer to the Christians celebrating the promise of the resurrection who were murdered on Easter.

I have never heard that phrase.

Re: Hello, “Easter Worshippers”

I have no idea what an "Easter worshipper" might be. You pray to Easter?

I kinda get their point, but awkwardly said.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I guess if you can not say Muslim terrorist, you can not say Christian. Makes perfect sense in an odd sort of way
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Yep, my 1st thought was that I don't worship Easter. I know what they mean, but they should do better. I imagine one of my English teachers circling that phrase and putting a little "Awk" note beside it.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Wasn’t it also time for “passover worshippers”?

Most all Churches have what they call "Easter Services" But there is certainly some pagan back ground to the Holiday.
    Similar to Christmas.

Rather than doing away with established pagan holidays, as nations became Christian, they merged them with a Christian theme.

My wife is a Seventh Day Adventist, and her family does not participate in any such holidays. Donna does somewhat because she has been exposed to the sincerity of it. But her family actually is scared of such practices as well as Sunday church services. Many consider Sunday worship as being related to taking the mark of the beast.

My whole life I've witnessed the struggle between two Christian philosophies. One that clings to the law, and the other to Grace.
    One that lives (and judges) according to their knowledge of good and evil and the other that believes all things are lawful but not all are expedient to Christian living.

Surprisingly, what I have found is it is nearly impossible to completely escape the first group...except by the Grace of God.
    We all fall back to it in condemnation of others to make ourselves feel superior and more approved of by God. The only escape is to die to such laws, considering the old man dead and your new self a pilgrim here, dead to the law..and alive in Christ. A spiritual death, burial, and Resurrection as baptism signifies.

That is the only way to live without sin.

"Blessed is the man to whom God does not impute sin"

It makes me smile a lot. And causes me to feel like I let my best friend down when I fail.
    But then I'm made to smile again.

Last edited by kingcat; 04-22-2019 at 10:00 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

^^^Well put^^^
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

This is an important criticism of the left and liberalism’s bias against Christians and its emphasis on not pointing the finger at Islamic religious extremists if when evidence supports condemnation

It is quite obvious and undeniable.

We should embrace he truth that there are those who do evil in the name of many religions.

If a crazy shoots up a synagogue and he or she is purportedly a Christian, condemn it

If the crazy is Muslim, condemn it.

Condemn evil equally. Praise goodness equally.