Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

What do you recommend to copy SD card to flash drive?

I guess my choices are:

a) connect both SD card reader and flash drive to USB ports on computer, and tell it to copy from SD to flash drive. Seems like when I've done that before it was painfully slow.

b) copy SD card to hard drive (via SD card reader), then copy from hard drive to flash drive. Two-step process, rather than one.

Am I missing any other options?

One lesson to learn--and pretty much, too late for me. ALWAYS buy the fastest SD card you can get. May not matter for the recording, but if you're going to be transferring the video, faster is better.

Rupp's Runt

I'd go with A

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Rupp's Runt

Assume you don't have a built in card reader?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Re: What do you recommend to copy SD card to flash drive?

Answer a.

If you are copying to flash for permanent storage, have you considered using a CD disc instead of the flash drive?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

It's a 10+ gb file, so it wouldn't fit my CDs.

I'm just doing a) for now. Takes about 3 hours to copy. I started to try to copy it to the hard drive, and it was going to take 3 hours, so the flash drive didn't slow it down.

I didn't think about the built in reader. It does have one, in the back of it that I never think about. Would that be faster than using a card reader?

I will try to use a Chromebook Saturday when I do it again. Maybe that will be faster.

What I'm doing is just copying it for transport to a coach. It's a 90 minute video file. Just trying to copy it as quickly as possible to a flash drive so he can upload it.

Rupp's Runt

Re: What do you recommend to copy SD card to flash drive?

USB 3 port and USB 3 stick is about the only thing that will improve that.

Well, good to know that it's not just outrageously for me only, it will just take that much time.

Actually, my obligation has gotten a little easier now, because he just has me uploading it directly to his site. Piece of cake to do that, although it still takes about 2 hours.