Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Baseball fans...this is really cool

Baseball fans...this is really cool

OK, so I guess I'm going to show my age here. I remember when they came out with a baseball that told you how many mph it was traveling. I thought that was the coolest thing ever, although you can usually tell if a pitch is fast or slow, can't you?

Now they have something else. This baseball has some computer chip in it that does not affect official weight or size, and it tells an app on your phone 12 different metrics for each pitch. That's bonkers!

The price is kinda steep, but if I were coaching a team, I think I'd have to have it. It's $250. Supposedly it will last over 10,000 pitches, but if the leather gets scuffed where it affects play, you can send it in for a replacement cover for $50.

Check it out. It's really cool. I could see working with a pitcher on his release point, and having some objective criteria with which to measure it, for example.

https://f5sports.net/product-store/p...c-by-f5-sports

Re: Baseball fans...this is really cool

Oh if you coached you'd have to have this. that's a must have bunch of information.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Baseball fans...this is really cool

Some more in case anyone is interested. Heck, I don't coach, play, or have anyone that does, but I'm tempted...

After each pitch, pitchLogic instantly delivers the following 12 metrics to your mobile device:

Arm Slot

Breaking Force Direction

Breaking Force

Backward Extension

Forward Extension

Speed

Total Spin Rate

Backspin Rate

Sidespin Rate

Riflespin Rate

Vertical Movement

Horizontal Movement