Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: What constitutes a traitor?

What constitutes a traitor?

If a HIGHLY respected former Kentucky player...goes on the news, is seen making Louisville Sugar Bowl celebration shirts, and is doing so wearing a Louisville hat, what is the proper reaction? Should it be looked the other way, is it right to feel anger? Just know this is real, Im not naming any names until the news report is posted...if they ever post it...the channels website is downright awful...but Im just curious and to give a little clue, this person was the reason we won a National Championship

Re: What constitutes a traitor?

If h is in the sports apparel business, I would think nothing of it. It is just business
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

If that is how he makes a living, I have no problem with it. I don't even have a problem with some of our former players being on an opposing staf(even Louisville's staff)if that is how they're earning a living.
    Everybody has to eat, and has to pay their bills. Pretty basic stuff for me.
    MOLON LABE!

If a Kentucky person can profit off of a Louisville victory; more power to them.
    Wearing the hat, unless it is his logo and branding, well, I would have to see. If it is the same logo, no harm no foul.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Some people recognize Jeff Sheppard as the star guard from the Kentucky Wildcats 96' and 98' national championship teams.

But, these days Sheppard is part owner of MPC Promotions, a Louisville based screen printing company.

Today the former MVP of the NCAA tournament had to dawn the colors of his arch rival, and help print Sugar bowl shirts.

"I'm a huge UK fan and I am going take a little bit of grief from this. But I do pull for the Cards not against Kentucky, but I do pull for them and I'm really happy for both the football and the basketball program right now," said Sheppard.

The shirt's design were actually inspired by Muhammad Ali.

The shirts read "The Cards shocked, the Gator's, the BCS, the world."

The MVP Promotions U of L Sugar Bowl shirts can be found at Cardinal Authentic, and other local retailers.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/20507424/f...-for-the-cards

Fiddlin' Five

I don't have a problem with it.

Profiting off of UL fans? Where's the problem?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

It's his job, and it's not like he's coaching them or something. He also played for Pitino, wouldn't he be more a traitor to not respect the coach who brought him to UK and coached him 4 years (with redshirt) and who he won a title with?

Didn't have a problem with McCarty on his staff either. I have a problem when those players don't also come back and be part of UK with Cal now having such an open door, but zero issue with Shep making a living or even rooting for UL if they aren't playing UK.

I'll add that odds are Jeff Sheppard gave a hell of a lot more to UK than anybody who posts on this board ever did. Its threads like this that give meaning to "facepalm".
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

One and Done

Traitor?? You're kidding, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jgraul View Post
    Traitor?? You're kidding, right?
    When I saw the report and him wearing that hat, I thought about him smiling with Christian Laettner and I got mad...how this thread was born