Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Question: how do screen capture video WITH audio? Or alternative?

I live stream all of my son's soccer games now to YouTube, which is ok, with the primary benefit it's easy and I don't have to use any of my storage space.

Coach has someone on the tower at games to record "his" videos, and I wanted to save "his" video of one game--really, just about 45 seconds of the game, to save an entire scoring play.

I started to try to figure out how to try to download his video--it's at its own URL--but I didn't know how to do that. It's not on YouTube, but some other URL thing like app.kros or something.

So then I got a free screen capture program, EZVid. Easy enough to capture the screen video--not great, but easy--but I'm not getting the audio with it, just the video. I have tried playing with the advanced settings to use computer microphone, or headphone, or whatever, and I could actually record my voice if I wanted, but I wanted crowd noise, coach yelling, teammates, etc.

Any EASY ideas? Literally, it's only about 40-45 seconds, but it's driving me crazy. I would love to just download the thing as a .mp4 and save it for season highlights, but can't.

Your help is appreciated.

Rupp's Runt

Re: Question: how do screen capture video WITH audio? Or alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I live stream all of my son's soccer games now to YouTube, which is ok, with the primary benefit it's easy and I don't have to use any of my storage space.

Coach has someone on the tower at games to record "his" videos, and I wanted to save "his" video of one game--really, just about 45 seconds of the game, to save an entire scoring play.

I started to try to figure out how to try to download his video--it's at its own URL--but I didn't know how to do that. It's not on YouTube, but some other URL thing like app.kros or something.

So then I got a free screen capture program, EZVid. Easy enough to capture the screen video--not great, but easy--but I'm not getting the audio with it, just the video. I have tried playing with the advanced settings to use computer microphone, or headphone, or whatever, and I could actually record my voice if I wanted, but I wanted crowd noise, coach yelling, teammates, etc.

Any EASY ideas? Literally, it's only about 40-45 seconds, but it's driving me crazy. I would love to just download the thing as a .mp4 and save it for season highlights, but can't.

Your help is appreciated.
    Do you have the link? And time of the 45 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Do you have the link? And time of the 45 seconds?
    I'll drop you a PM...I do.

If you have firefox on your PC to use as a browser, then download VideoDownloadHelper from the Firefox add on page. Works great and it is super simple to use. I do not know if it is possible to download just a part of the file though.

I have a gazilllion audio files that I have downloaded from youtuibe using that extension
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.