Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Well this is good news

Disney came to their senses and re-hired James Gunn to do Guardians III, and hopefully take on more of a role with Marvel overall at some point. But at least we get Guardians III.

I'm not a super scifi fanboy, but I do like Gunn's work with Guardians. Like Roddenberry he gets that good scifi is still about having good characters and good stories. The lasers and spaceships still have to be part of some good story, not the story itself.

I know not a ton of Marvel fans on here, but just found out about it and still thought I'd share.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Well this is good news

Marvel fan here. But oddly not a Guardians fan and not real familiar with the background to this. But glad to see a company not give into pressure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Re: Well this is good news

It's a long story. When Gunn got out of school he went provocative, made tweets that were no doubt somewhere past edgy into offensive. Then he went on to settle into a more normal career path.

Well they got dug up and put out there, and Disney fired him from Marvel. Gunn was smart how he handled it, he took full blame, and never badmouthed Disney.

It took some months but they came around. didn't hurt that DC scooped him up and he's doing the Suicide Squad sequel.

I'm not a big fanboy, but I did like the Guardians movies a lot and wanted to see him finish the trilogy at least.

I'm going to do a post on the Barber shop at some point about the Captain Marvel movie. Not about the movie itself, which has been somewhat controversial, but about the reaction and the corporate machinations of it. I think it's very telling how they did some things and what that means for us more broadly as a people and our reliance on internet information controlled in the end by a very small number of very powerful corporations.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

I was originally excited about Captain Marvel. I'll watch it eventually. But no longer in a hurry to see it.

Marvel fan, but also kind of burned out. I typed more but deleted it. Might save that for the barber shop lol

There is never any good news about the mouse and it's rodent neighbors.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

lol. I'm with you, I'm not happy the mouse bought out the MCU. They own about everything now.

Don't know if any of you guys know about Epic Rap Battles of History, channel on Youtube. Made up rap battles between different figures, many historical. They did one that has a dig on Disney. Have to watch the whole thing. It's stan lee versus Jim Henson, but disney gets into it.