Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

In Education news...

You mean the rich and famous gouge the system with money for their kids benefit? Do tell...

https://www.wlky.com/article/actress...andal/26797194

Re: In Education news...

Schools were just trying to recoup the money they were spending to get real athletes. Seems like a fair business practice to me. ;-)
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Wonder how many of these hollywood folks involved have tweets lamenting "white privilege". Now I know why they cared about it so much, they were up close and personal with it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Why is this even a story? You hear all these rich kids going to fabulous school. Did anybody think these students got there on merit? IMO its not the parents that did wrong, but the athletic coaches who took bribes
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Because celebs are involved. Lori Loughlin and her husband paid $500K to buy their kids into a school....likely at the expense of kids who actually had the ACT/SAT scores to be there ahead of her kids. It has gone on for years but putting a face on it with celebotoctrity puts it in the news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Why is this even a story? You hear all these rich kids going to fabulous school. Did anybody think these students got there on merit? IMO its not the parents that did wrong, but the athletic coaches who took bribes

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    The issue is they didn't bribe the schools properly and legally. You know, where you offer to donate millions and magically the admissions people think your kid is a great fit for their diversity even though they can't read or write a sentence.

That's OK. But here they paid off tertiary school officials (coaches apparently mostly) to get them in sideways, and that's not how it's done. lol.

It is fraud b/c they defrauded the schools, but is it shocking to me that rich people pay big bucks to get their kids that network access of top universities? Uh, no.

I imagine these people just didn't have the BIG bucks to do it the straightforward way. Build a library wing and get you kids admitted, plus some sports tickets and maybe a nice dinner or two.

Harvard et al all have slots for legacies and kids of influential people. It's built into their very process, and has been exposed more than once as being completely factual.

What I don't get is why this guy didn't just bribe the admissions staff in key places. I guess there are too many eyes reviewing things at that part of the process, but if a coach wants a kid it circumvents that process and is a streamlined way to get it to work.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Donate enough to the foundation and your kid’s alock.Heck he could even play power forward if your money builds the gym

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Donate enough to the foundation and your kid’s alock.Heck he could even play power forward if your money builds the gym
    That's where some of this loses me. I get paying $15K or something to get SAT grades faked, but some of these people dropped enough money that the school would have admitted them straight up no questions asked. They didn't have to defraud anyone. Spend $1.6 mil with Yale I bet your kid can get into the school.