Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Live Video Streaming to YouTube Questions

I did a live stream yesterday of a high school soccer game. It was extremely easy from my phone, the OnePlus 6.

My recording settings tell me that 4k, 60fps is limited to 5 minutes smooth UHD, and 4k/30fps is limited to 10 minutes.

I tried to video 90 minutes yesterday, and just left the setting at 4k/60fps the entire time. I thought it worked, then watched it after I got home. Parts of it were great, but it got a bad "wavy" look for a portion of it. Was that because of the 4k/60 fps setting, or because the internet upload speed was questionable there at Boll Weevil Circle, Enterprise, Alabama?

Note - I'm not recording to my phone. I understand the limit is a software limit to keep from using huge amounts of storage and/or overheating your phone. Neither of those were present yesterday.

I hopefully will have 3 or 4 more opportunities this week to try again, but wondering if I need to ratchet it back to 4k/30fps (still says a 10 minute limit on smooth UHD) or more likely, 1080p/30?

Rupp's Runt

Definitely cut back the frames.

Will probably need to go to 1080 but try the 4k/30 first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Fwiw, after successfully streaming live to YouTube for several weeks, YouTube instituted a 1,000 subscriber requirement to do live mobile streaming April 4. So they screwed me.

I had grandparents of players living in Texas, brothers and former players living at college, and parents who could not make road trips watching the Channel. But about 997 subscribers short of their requirements.

I found a workaround by doing it on Facebook live, setting up a page for it. But that wasn't a perfect solution, does not allow me to mute the volume, and I have tried numerous ways to do so without success, etc. YouTube was just much more elegant and set up perfectly for what I needed. I would be glad to pay YouTube for the privilege of live-streaming, but that option does not even appear available. It really sucks.